The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

11 hours ago, Jay said:

It tells you stories about Wanda and Vision life's in between Civil War and Infinity War

isn’t it supposed to be set after Endgame, though?

4 hours ago, Bofur01 said:

isn’t it supposed to be set after Endgame, though?

No, only Loki and The Falcon and Winter Soldier are set post-Endgame. WandaVision is supposed to be set between CW and IW.

1 hour ago, Giftheck said:

No, only Loki and The Falcon and Winter Soldier are set post-Endgame. WandaVision is supposed to be set between IW and Endgame.

Wanda was turned to dust during the ending of IW, she remained dead until she was brought back with the other heroes for the final battle.

Still, was it confirmed that WandaVision will take place between movies? Because the only thing I found is that the show will happen after Endgame:

https://deadline.com/2019/07/teyonah-parris-elizabeth-olsen-and-paul-bettany-wandavision-disney-plus-marvel-studios-comic-con-1202649993/

On the comics, Wanda has the power to alter the reality. On the House of M saga, she rewrote the reality in a way that mutants ruled the Earth with Magneto as their leader. But then, after she lost her children, she rewrites the reality again, saying "No more mutants!", and the number of Homo superior on Earth drops from millions to a few hundred.

I guess this will play some role here, with Wanda altering the reality on which she and Vision lived happily on the 50s.

You posted just as I was editing: I remember reading somewhere that it was supposed to take place post-Civil War, not post-Infinity War.

Still, the idea that it's post-Endgame is even more befuddling, then, since Vision is most emphatically dead. Your suggestion, that Scarlet Witch is altering reality, seems the most plausible to explain what this is, but still... to me, it just looks like a mess.

Of all the shows, this looks like the most intriguing one. I always thought Wanda and Vision were some of the most underused characters in the movies so I look forward to seeing them taking centre stage. And yes, Wanda's (evolving?) superpowers might have something to do with the "reality" of the show.

And yes, it is for this reason that I'm also looking forward to the new Doctor Strange movie in which Wanda will be also an important character.

Karol

5 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Still, was it confirmed that WandaVision will take place between movies? Because the only thing I found is that the show will happen after Endgame

Vision died in IW and stayed dead. This would indicate its set before that film.

Or a different Multiverse.

Just now, Stefancos said:

Vision died in IW and stayed dead. This would indicate its set before that film.

Either is a real possibility.

Karol

35 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

As I said, on the comics Scarlet Witch is insanely powerful, to the point of altering the reality several times to her desires. MCU Wanda maybe isn't that powerful (yet), but I imagine that the show will involve with her coping with the loss of Vision somehow. Maybe she will create this perfect little parallel universe on which they're a married couple on the 50s, but then something will endanger everything, and making she accept that Vision has to go.

I'm curious as to why Raimi is jumping feet first into a Doctor Strange sequel.

Does he need the money? Is he looking to direct Spider-Man 4 under Feige after Doctor Strange 2?

I would love Young to do another superhero movie, but I wouldn't mind Elfman. Seeing as this is the year of many projects, I doubt Gia would be able to squeeze it in if Marvel still wanted him.

I love Young and would be happy to see him on this, but of the three Raimi movies he's scored, two were originally meant for Elfman (he was set to score The Gift and was offered SM3).

4 hours ago, HunterTech said:

I would love Young to do another superhero movie, but I wouldn't mind Elfman. Seeing as this is the year of many projects, I doubt Gia would be able to squeeze it in if Marvel still wanted him.

Giacchino's had busier years - 2015 - 2017 he had four blockbuster scores a year.

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I love Young and would be happy to see him on this, but of the three Raimi movies he's scored, two were originally meant for Elfman (he was set to score The Gift and was offered SM3).

Sure but in the last 15 years, Elfman hasn't churned out a masterpiece like Drag Me To Hell.

1 hour ago, Þekþiþm said:

Sure but in the last 15 years, Elfman hasn't churned out a masterpiece like Drag Me To Hell.

It's a great score, but Raimi went straight to Elfman for Oz afterwards. In fact, Elfman had been hired to score Spider-Man 4 before it fell apart.

If Raimi is given his choice, it'll be Elfman.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

It's a great score, but Raimi went straight to Elfman for Oz afterwards. In fact, Elfman had been hired to score Spider-Man 4 before it fell apart.

If Raimi is given his choice, it'll be Elfman.

That's because Raimi has no taste.

I remember that at some point Chris Young was attached to the first Doctor Strange movie, because he had collaborated with director Scott Derrickson on several horror movies before. Don't know why they fucking went with Giacchino instead.

It would be great to see Raimi directing this movie, and actually returning to directing in general. But he would probably choose Elfman anyway, they made peace with each other after the Spider-Man 2 fiasco with that weird Oz movie. Also, Elfman has already collaborated with Disney and Marvel several times, while Young is pratically an unknown there. Which is too bad, I would love a Chris Young Doctor Strange score.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:14 AM, Edmilson said:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/01/scott-derrickson-doctor-strange-sequel-1202202014/

That's sad, I like Scott, and I hope he would redeem himself with the sequel after  the pretty bland first Dr Strange movie.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I remember that at some point Chris Young was attached to the first Doctor Strange movie, because he had collaborated with director Scott Derrickson on several horror movies before. Don't know why they fucking went with Giacchino instead.

Young called Derrickson to pitch his scoring of Doctor Strange, but didn't get hired.

Please don't consider this a diss against Giacchino, but I always figured his involvement was likely based on a prod from Marvel studios after all of the Brian Tyler drama the year before, perhaps knowing Giacchino's reputation, production, and work processes.

That's why I imagined, Gia is an experienced composer on working with big studios and huge blockbusters, while Young is mostly known for mostly B horror movies. It's unfortunate, but anyway, their goal is to please the biggest audience as possible, and Gia has worked on movies that did just that.

20 hours ago, Matt C said:

It's going to be Elfman or Christopher Young scoring Doctor Strange 2.

Fine with both but I'd like Young more. It is a perfect project for him to unleash some orchestral hell.

Karol

Marvel at least seem to be trying for musical continuity, more than they have been in the past, so maybe it wouldn’t be a disaster if Giacchino isn’t involved.

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I heard it in Endgame, is it in IW too?

Well, there's a zither here, similar to the one used by Gia on his score, for the scene on which Strange and Wong meet Stark and Pepper in NY. But here it's mixed with the Tesseract theme from The First Avenger and, well, the first Avengers (2012).

I specifically remember hearing the proper Strange theme when the scene with Hulk and the Ancient One started (though it's not on the album), so I have my bets it'll likely be kept if Young or Elfman take the stage.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, Alex said:

Marvel at least seem to be trying for musical continuity, more than they have been in the past, so maybe it wouldn’t be a disaster if Giacchino isn’t involved.

I don't think Giacchino will be involved.

Elfman used Silvestri's themes in his portions of Avengers: Age of Ultron, ditto for Young scoring Spider-Man 3 using Elfman's material. Or at least hint at it, a la Mothersbaugh in Thor Ragnarok.