Black Widow: Nov 6, 2020

The Eternals: Feb 12, 2021

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: May 7, 2021

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness: Nov 5, 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder: Feb 18, 2022

Black Panther: May 8, 2022

Captain Marvel 2: July 8, 2022

Elfman, Elfman, Elfman...

He owes us after his injustices with the Justice League score. Or it will be a first-time collaboration between Raimi and Giacchino. 

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Danny Elfman's Justice League score was pure shit.

It's like his heart wasn't in it, but who'd be crazy enough to turn down the paycheck?

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

It's like his heart wasn't in it, but who'd be crazy enough to turn down the paycheck?

I think it's more if a case of being asked to do everything at once to please everyone all at the same time. The problem with it is not that any of the elements are bad. It's more that it feels like a dozen of different unrelated scores randomly stitched together.

I'd rather have a Chris Young score. Elfman did plenty of those in his life already.

Karol

I'm a big Elfman fan, but big movies aren't where he's shone over the past 10 years.  I still think he could do something really interesting with the Eastern instruments Giacchino started with in the first, so color me somewhat intrigued.

I like a few Young scores, but I've never been one to stan for him.

Most of all, I have learned not to expect an awful lot from MCU scores generally, beyond a few tracks that really work when the movies slow down during moments of emotional relevance.  So whatever happens, I'm sure it will be fine

• 2 months later...

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 Will Likely Be James Gunn's Last And VOL. 4 Would Feature A New Team

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 director James Gunn has explained that the third film is likely to be his last, while a potential Vol. 4 would probably feature a different team of cosmic superheroes!

Guardians of the Galaxy is a rotating team in the comics, much like the Avengers, so I see no problem in changing the line-up.  Might confuse the normies if they keep the same moniker though...

The original team didn't have any of the characters on the MCU team (it did have Yondu, Michael Rooker's character, though - RIP).  In various comics, Guardians have included Iron Man, Venom, Captain Marvel, Kitty Pryde, Thing, Ant-man, Ghost Rider, etc. etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_members

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I only care about BATMAN at this point..IF MARVEL did a FF4 set in the 60s, kinda like TFA, I'd see that.

( or, another WWII era CAP. flic)

TFA, misleading acronym :p

In many countries that movie was released without the words Captain America on the title, which is a little silly. Thankfully around here it was released with the full title: Captain America - The First Avenger.

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

In many countries that movie was released without the words Captain America on the title, which is a little silly. Thankfully around here it was released with the full title: Captain America - The First Avenger.

Hollyweird apology tour

I find it's usually the US that gets special treatment and titles changed to something more marketable. Nothing's quite as inexcusable as dumbing-down 'Philosopher' to 'Sorcerer' for HP1.

3 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I find it's usually the US that gets special treatment and titles changed to something more marketable. Nothing's quite as inexcusable as dumbing-down 'Philosopher' to 'Sorcerer' for HP1.

SCHINDLERS ARK was the original title of the book!

But, the publishers  figgered Americans were to dumb to get the Biblical/literary allusion

15 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Agreed with the second half but titles get changed internationally all the time. We for example can't stop forcing bad puns in them.

2 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

SCHINDLERS ARK was the original title of the book!

But, the publishers  figgered Americans were to dumb to get the Biblical/literary allusion

They also didn't want the audience to think it's an Indiana Jones spin-off especially when both films share common baddies. ;)

Karol