The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I tend to like origin stories and getting-the-team-together stories, so I'd probably give the edge to GotG1 - although 2 has the better emotional story and action sequences.

I know people are sick of superhero origin reboots, but baby if you can do something interesting with it, let's see Spider-man's and Batman's origins again, I'm fine with that.

In an electrifying turn of events, JK Simmons shall be the first but not the only actor to reprise a role from a previous iteration of Spider-Man

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

PULSE IS RACING MENTAL TORTURE SELF DESTROYER TIME

Hehe, cool

I just hope Spider-man 3 is a NEW YORK BASED story, the European setting of Far From Home didn't work for me

But why is Marvel repeating villains? This is specially sad considering there are great Spidey villains that didn't go to screen yet, like Kraven. I'd love a Spider-Man movie where he faces Kraven.

5 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

But why is Marvel repeating villains? This is specially sad considering there are great Spidey villains that didn't go to screen yet, like Kraven. I'd love a Spider-Man movie where he faces Kraven.

Sony has non-MCU (i.e. Venom-esque) plans for a lot of Spider-man villains and allies.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/kraven-the-hunter-movie-jc-chandor-director-sony-marvel-1203012135/

i was expecting The Vulture, Shocker, and The Prowler to return in the second film in some capacity

45 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Poor Jamie Foxx was utterly wasted with a pathetic villain in TASM 2 (the worst Spidey movie by far). Let's hope Watts can do the character justice.

I think there’s a multiverse element in play in the third Spidey MCU film. First it was Raimi’s J.J. Jameson, and now Webb’s Electro.

Are we getting cameos from Maguire or Garfield now?

9 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Sony has non-MCU (i.e. Venom-esque) plans for a lot of Spider-man villains and allies.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/kraven-the-hunter-movie-jc-chandor-director-sony-marvel-1203012135/

Yeah, I wasn't remembering that there's already a director for the Kraven solo movie.

But I'd prefer him as a villain for Holland. I mean, on the last movie Jameson revealed to everyone that Peter is SM, so Kraven could be hunting him.

1 minute ago, Matt C said:

I think there’s a multiverse element in play in the third Spidey MCU film. First it was Raimi’s J.J. Jameson, and now Webb’s Electro.

Are we getting cameos from Maguire or Garfield now?

That potentially could be really fun

16 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

That potentially could be really fun

I wonder if Giacchino will reprise Zimmer's dubstep motifs for Electro in the MCU Spidey 3.

8 hours ago, Matt C said:

I wonder if Giacchino will reprise Zimmer's dubstep motifs for Electro in the MCU Spidey 3.

There's a bit of an unintentional reference to the Harry material from TASM2 in FFH. At the 1:48 mark of "Power to the People," there's this higher pitched wine sort of rendition of the Mysterio theme that is eerily similar to 2:27 from a track off TASM2 (no album equivalent I believe):

Doesn't exactly guarantee that he's aware of the score enough to reference the Electro theme, especially when it's possible this might be a different take on the character. But at the same time, given how very Elfman esque MJ's theme in FFH is, it wouldn't surprise me much if it was a cheeky little Easter egg.

7 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

how very Elfman esque MJ's theme in FFH is

Wow, I never thought of that theme as being Elfman-esque before!

At the very least it stylistically resembles Elfman's love theme for the first two Raimi films at points, mostly when you hear the first part of it in the FFH suite. I heard a friend say it also feels like a play on the 60s Spidey theme, but I honestly don't hear it. It's a good way of going about it, given how much the love theme from Homecoming feels very fantastical in comparison.

I'm a fan of the world of Doctor Strange and Cumberbatch in the role, so this sounds good to me.  It makes sense too since Strange lives in the New York City Sanctum and Parker is in Queens or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jay said:

If you read that article the title's pretty misleading. The Falcon is still Steve Roger's chosen successor. It's just that the government and or SHIELD wants someone else to pick up Cap's mantle.

It looks like Michael Giacchino will be back to do the score for Spider-Man III. That is cool. Not only will there be another kick-ass score by Michael Giacchino continuing from his work to Spider-Man: Homecoming and Far from Home; since Doctor Strange will be in Spider-Man III, his theme will be featured as well. Cool!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2557964/tom-hollands-spider-man-3-likely-bringing-back-an-important-collaborator

If you watch the video in that article, he doesn't actually confirm that he's scoring it at all

I mean honestly, I'm sure he will, and I hope he does, and I think it will be awesome - but this isn't a confirmation

His response was pretty cryptic though. He did not say he would not be doing it. It is all but confirmed at this point; more than likely he will be back to do it, especially since the same team behind the first two films are doing the third.

I can't decide what's worse, a generation of Batman and Superman movies wasted on Hans Zimmer, or a new generation of Spider-Man and Batman wasted on Michael Giacchino. 

• 3 weeks later...

You guys think Fiege will bring any other new composers in for phase 4?

Phase 1: 2 Silvestri, 1 Djawadi, 1 Armstrong, 1 Debney, 1 Doyle

Phase 2: 3 Tyler (1 with Elfman), 1 Jackman, 1 Bates, 1 Beck

Phase 3: 3 Giacchino, 2 Silvestri, 1 Jackman, 1 Bates, 1 Mothersbaugh, 1 Göransson, 1 Beck, 1 Toprak

Phase 4: 1 Balfe, 1 Giacchino, 1 Djawadi, 3 unannounced

Overall:

4 Silvestri

4 Giacchino

3 Tyler

2 Djawadi

2 Jackman

2 Bates

2 Beck

1 Armstrong, Debney, Doyle, Elfman, Motherbaugh, Göransson, Toprak, Balfe

Djawadi for The Eternals or whatever else he's rumored for isn't confirmed as well.

Given Gia was able to confirm being on SM3 but not DS2, that does make me a bit unsure about if he'd actually get to do the latter.

EDIT: I'm just noticing the wiki page linking to this. Is it actually legit?

That's one hell of the low key confirmation, given it was mostly IMDB rumors prior. I'd have expected some media buzz.

His HZ.com page lists it now (after Hybrid initially denied it), so it's definitely legit at this point.

EDIT: Okay, I am being way too hasty today, because it was just one random off the cuff comment a user made with not much else in descriptions or replies. Guess the Space Jam 2 thing is making me too weary of composer announcements recently.

He has some connection to RCP if he can so easily talk to the crew like he does sometimes (here's me asking a question about Ring 2 for instance). Not to mention actually confirming stuff before any proper leaks (i.e. now deleted comments that alluded to Balfe making a proper full score for Ad Astra prior to his complete getting out). So at the very least, he has more credibility than some news websites out there.

And once more: I saw no real headlines about Djawadi being on Eternals (not even here, having checked to make sure), so how would you expect one to know? It's not often the average reader constantly checks an agency website.