The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

known by whom?  For what?

Are you asking if Sony is going to put that on some eventual blu ray box or something?  Who knows

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

known by whom?  For what?

Are you asking if Sony is going to put that on some eventual blu ray box or something?  Who knows

By the fans, the media, the public, everyone that says that the current batch of DC movies is the DC Extended Universe... got it? 

The DC Extended Universe is the official name DC came up with themselves, not a fan name

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is likewise the offiical name Marvel came up with.  The only sub-names they have used are the "Phase 1" through "Phase 4" thing and "The Infinity Saga" to refer to Phases 1-3 as a whole

I don't know if they officially use any other sub-names for any other groupings of films like any of the trilogies that technically exist within

I don't know what any different group of fans might use to call different things either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Home Trilogy works.  Do we know if this is Holland's last film as the character or if he'd do a fourth?

Maybe "No way home" implies after the multiverse "madness" that will come, in the end he goes to the Venom-morbius alternate reality, so he continues as spiderman, but in the Sony-only timeline....

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Anyone actually looking forward to the Black Widow film? Seems like a complete waste of time now.

It'll probably be a fun time, like most of the other Marvel films

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Renowned? 

There was rumours involving Bryan Singer since the 90s, but Hollywood never did anything. On the comtrary, he kept getting hired for blockbusters even when they didn't performed well with critics and audiences. 

He was free to sexually abuse boys for years until #MeToo, and apparently not even being banned from making movies made he stop his parties with underage kids. 

Just now, Edmilson said:

There was rumours involving Bryan Singer since the 90s, but Hollywood never did anything. He was free to sexually abuse boys for years until #MeToo, and apparently not even being banned from making movies made he stop his parties with underage kids. 

I think he was correcting your typo.

I always thought renowned was used only for positive things, but maybe it just means known for anything, idk

I've seen her in plenty of things outside of Marvel - Oldboy remake, Ingrid Goes West, Uncut Gems, Black Mirror, Westworld...

On 3/5/2021 at 12:35 AM, Jay said:

It's kind of amazing how long people like him, Weinstein, and Spacey got away with abusing people before they got shut down, when it eventually came out how many people knew

So you understand then why it's no wonder that people are a little galled by the hypocrisy of these same entities firing their employees over Tweets. And setting themselves up as the arbiters of what is and isn't acceptable speech.

It's possible that they're in no position to lecture anyone about anything.

15 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

So you understand then why it's no wonder that people are a little galled by the hypocrisy of these same entities firing their employees over Tweets. And setting themselves up as the arbiters of what is and isn't acceptable speech.

It's possible that they're in no position to lecture anyone about anything.

As if they think Twitter is the most important website on the internet or something. 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, Jay said:

So far this is the only MCU series I'm even vaguely interested in watching.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, Jay said:

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is likewise the offiical name Marvel came up with. 

Speaking of Marvel TV shows, can something be part of a cinematic universe if it's not showing in cinemas? Shouldn't it be the MTVU? Or is that taken?

"cinematic" has more meanings than simply "was shown in a cinema", but I think you know that

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

"cinematic" has more meanings than simply "was shown in a cinema, but I think you know that

Hey, I still think "The NeverEnding Story" was false advertising.

5 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Hey, I still think "The NeverEnding Story" was false advertising.

The movie ignored that element, yeah.

My college roommate loved that original novel and I borrowed it from him but never read it and eventually gave it back