The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

On 4/13/2021 at 5:38 PM, AC1 said:

Not everyone in the classroom dares to raise his finger, Jay. 

It's true that I don't post a lot, but that's because it takes me too much time to write in English, not because I don't dare to say anything. :) More often than not whatever I have to say has already been said - and said much better than I ever could've.

But I do like this show, moreso than WandaVision, even though WandaVision had more potential and to me a more interesting premise. I guess I'm positively surprised. I don't love it to death, though, because it is rather forgettable, and I'm far more invested in the other shows I'm watching at the moment.

I definitely didn't see a single post that I (or anyone I know) would describe as saying they loved the show to death, and think it's rude of Alex to invent a JWFan consensus that he imagined as believing so

This goes back to the whole "everything is either great or shit" thing, when what was actually posted what all over the middle ground of those extremes

And it also goes with what's in my signature - "i think it's better to be constructive than destructive and pit one against the other"

8 hours ago, mstrox said:

It’s a hair too early to call this the greatest television series of all time, but WHO KNOWS?

See?!

4 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

5th episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was great. 

That was exactly the kind of episode that I always wanted to see in The Mandalorian.

An episode not focussed on fighting action but letting the protagonists take some time off and think about their motivations  and let them reflect on what happened and get aware of their own development.

Absolutely agreed. This is also stuff they hardly do in the films, but I wish they would do more. I think character driven things like this are incredibly underrated and heavily overlooked in the world of mainstream blockbusters. But a lot of it is probably driven by the crowd who think things like this are boring when people aren't punching the hell out of each other.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, The Big Man said:

The power of the sun... in the palm of my hand

Apparently, the person who leaked that Alfred Molina was on the set for NWH also said

Spoiler

Willem Dafoe was also in the movie

, but hasn't been confirmed by the trades.

With the resentment towards the new Cap and some impressive Super Soldier action, the second episode was much better. Sadly, things went back to boring in the third episode. 

The-Falcon-And-The-Winter-Soldier-Episod

18 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Absolutely agreed. This is also stuff they hardly do in the films, but I wish they would do more. I think character driven things like this are incredibly underrated and heavily overlooked in the world of mainstream blockbusters. But a lot of it is probably driven by the crowd who think things like this are boring when people aren't punching the hell out of each other.

E5, most boring episode yet.

And not because of the lack of punching. I confess that I’ve found each episode more boring than the next, punching or no punching.

I think it’s because the main characters are the least charismatic characters in the entire MCU.

On top of that, there’s a problem with plot. Or rather the lack of plot.

Spoiler

First episode, I thought that it was about the terrorists. Then, no, now it’s about replacement Captain America and his journey. Now it’s about Zemo. Now it’s about a blond girl. Now we’re supposed to sympathize with the terrorists. Now it’s about racial issues. Now Bucky needs to go soul searching again.

Ugh, where is this going and why should I care? Just sell the damn boat already? Why is that a problem? Of why haven’t they sold it already?

And please, stop with the masturbation shots of the shield...

And what the hell is Elaine from Seinfeld doing here??? Took me completely out of it (as little as I was in), talk about miscast.

:( 

Shang-Chi debuts first trailer but racism controversy persists among Chinese audience

Marvel Studios' new superhero movie Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, whose production and screening were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, released a new trailer on Monday, but many Chinese moviegoers seemed underwhelmed by the first Asian hero in the Marvel Universe, while racism debates surrounding the movie recurred. 

On 4/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

Olovoa Colman is in talks for Secret Invasion with Samuel L. Jackson. I love that. Big fan of hers!!

In addition to Olivia Colman being maybe in Secret Invasion (which is awesome), Daenerys will for sure be in it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/emilia-clarke-joining-marvels-secret-invasion

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Bastard said:

They have mothers? They gave birth?

Of course movies have mothers! We call them 'directors'. 

8 hours ago, AC1 said:

Of course movies have mothers! We call them 'directors'. 

And yet, when a film score sucks, it's never the composer's fault because movies are "a collaborative effort". 

On 4/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, TSMefford said:

Love that. Looks very fun and at times, looked nothing like a Marvel movie, which I love.

Looks too much like Marvel film. I was hoping for a gritty street grim interpretation. Instead, it looks like any other Marvel film. 

1 hour ago, Mephariel said:

I was hoping for a gritty street grim interpretation.

Lol. I think you're being too optimistic with Marvel. I have like a separate "Marvel" scale I measure their movies on.

This looks different enough to me for a Marvel film. Oh well.