The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I'm slightly interested.  Nothing in that trailer stood out or wowed me.  I'll go see it of course, hopefully it'll be good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no idea who Florence Pugh is. So I will look her up 

Only saw the awful film Hereditary. Don't remember her. 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Hereditary v good imo.  She wasn’t in that one though, she was in Ari Aster’s follow-up, Midsommer.

She is listed in the credits for Hereditary.

It was listed as one of her films when I did a film search but it is incorrect. Therefore I have no film reference for her though Little Women is on my list. I have loved every prior version of this American classic.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jay said:

Florence Pugh is definitely not in Hereditary. 

Some people actually believe this is Dani and Christian. ;)EFemdjWWsAALAe9.jpeg

But even if that's true this is definitely not Florence Pugh. Way too tall. 

Karol

On 6/24/2021 at 7:09 PM, Edmilson said:

Not hyped for this one. Too much CGI and not enough martial arts. 

The original trailer is much better IMO, if you haven't seen it:

Less CGI, more martial arts.

Yavar

Stephen Dorff Trashes Marvel and Black Widow

During a Zoom interview with The Independent over the holiday weekend, Dorff held nothing back.

“I still hunt out the good s— because I don’t want to be in Black Widow,” he told the publication. “It looks like garbage to me. It looks like a bad video game. I’m embarrassed for those people. I’m embarrassed for Scarlett! I’m sure she got paid five, seven million bucks, but I’m embarrassed for her. I don’t want to be in those movies. I really don’t. I’ll find that kid director that’s gonna be the next Kubrick and I’ll act for him instead.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1181375-stephen-dorff-marvel-black-widow

It's nothing special really but great cast and some emotion really help to make it better than expected. Enjoyed it. 

Karol

I've noticed all over online social settings that a lot of people feel the need to qualify their opinion if they enjoy a Marvel show or movie.  It can't just be "This was a good time" it's always "Nothing amazing but...." or "Hardly ambitious but...." kinda stuff.  Gotta cover your ass lest someone think your aesthetic standards have slipped.

Or they are describing exactly what these movies are like. ;)Likeable characters and actors in forgettable plots. There's nothing original about the story but I really liked the smaller "family" scenes. All four characters were great. I just wish I cared about everything else more. But still entertaining. 

Karol 

What did you think of Lorne Balfe's score? Is it your typical run-of-the-mill post-Bourne and post-Dark Knight action score from RC, or is it more interesting than that

Overall, it's better than you might think. The quieter moments are surprisingly nice. But once it gets to the big action it becomes just another loud noise. So a mixed bag. 

Karol