The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

This looks great.

It's really cool that Bale's character is all.in grey/black&white. It really juxtaposes with all the color in the rest of the film. Great stuff!!

Exciting to hear what Giacchino's score sounds like. There are some really cool musical opportunities.
Give me themes for Mighty Thor & Gorr!!!

2 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

This looks great.

It's really cool that Bale's character is all.in grey/black&white. It really juxtaposes with all the color in the rest of the film. Great stuff!!

Exciting to hear what Giacchino's score sounds like. There are some really cool musical opportunities.
Give me themes for Mighty Thor & Gorr!!!

Blimey, I didn't even realize that was Christian Bale. He really blends into his roles, hopefully he gets better material to work with than our last renowned actor under heavy make-up in Thor - Chris Eccleston

Zeus looks perfect, Natalia Portman with muscles looks great. That's some of the worst looking Thor suits in the series (the sleveless jacket is great).

7 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

Blimey, I didn't even realize that was Christian Bale. He really blends into his roles, hopefully he gets better material to work with than our last renowned actor under heavy make-up in Thor - Chris Eccleston

That movies is a crime

Disney+ has uploaded a higher quality version of #SheHulk's trailer, offering a slightly better look at the series' CGI... More photos:

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hulk-cgi-improve-disney-trailer-photos

There are in-universe and story explanations, at least in the comics.  In-universe, it depends on the level of irradiation and method (Bruce getting a massive dose and Jennifer getting some in her blood).  As a story mechanic, Hulk is a symptom of Bruce’s repressed feelings and trauma, while She-Hulk is a product of Jennifer’s liberation from her stressors and anxieties.

So are there too many MCU TV shows coming out, or just the right amount?

mcv8qkyr0u291.jpg

lol

I wonder which year will it be when they have new MCU content all 52 weeks permanently

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

So are there too many MCU TV shows coming out, or just the right amount?

mcv8qkyr0u291.jpg

There's also the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special coming this year (not exactly a TV show, but still, it'll be on D+).

I didn't know they were doing a Spiderman TV series though.

And Giacchino’s Werewolf Halloween Special or whatever that is!

Looking at this image, I completely forgot about the X-men, Zombies, and Spider-man shows.  Assuming they’re all animated.

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I didn't know they were doing a Spiderman TV series though.

It's animated

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Looking at this image, I completely forgot about the X-men, Zombies, and Spider-man shows.  Assuming they’re all animated.

Yup

https://deadline.com/2021/11/moon-knight-she-hulk-ms-marvel-hawkeye-footage-disney-day-1234872881/

To quote Henry David Thoreau, The Mouse is "sucking the marrow out of life".

It is not an company, any more. It is not even an organisation. It is a virus.

It will use and abuse just about everybody connected with it. It will take, and take, and take, all that can be mined from both the MCU, and Star Wars, and when it cannot get anymore money from these, it will buy up other properties, and start all over again.

The saddest part of all of this, is that billions - not millions, billions - of people (some of them being your children) will willingly hand over their hard-earned, just for the chance to watch some third-rate programme, designed and made for, the average fifteen year-old. It's insulting, and unremittingly cynical, and the poor saps buying this will not even notice, as they are force-fed something that completely undermines their intelligence.

Parents, please, please, do not allow your children to have anything to do with any of this. Adults, turn away from this destructive, and vile, tragedy.

Disney will hypnotize you, while it poisons your brain, and corrupts your soul, and when it's finished, it will come back for more.

The Mouse is doing The Devil's work.

You have been warned.

The idea of “too much” is asinine to me.  None of us are under any obligation to watch something we don’t want to watch.  We shouldn’t let the collector mentality rule our lives - we can just watch stuff we think we’ll like and not watch stuff we know we won’t.  Nothing wrong with saying “no thanks it’s not for me.”  I don’t go around complaining that there are too many movies in the Fast and the Furious universe.  I stopped watching after the first movie and let other people be pumped about them.

Marvel produces on average a dozen comics every week in their main universe (not counting other imprints, all ages books with their characters that they farm out to other companies, reprints, collections, and licenses like Star Wars).  Hundreds and hundreds of comics every year, usually $4-6 a pop right now.  They have done this since before any of us were born, and they’ll likely do this after we’re dead (assuming the world doesn’t open up and devour us all at once).  Not sure where the idea came from that Marvel is some perfect angel of auteur filmmaking that should never be trifled with.  It’s comic book shit, and they have money to burn so they’ll keep making it.

If we think it’s “too much,” we can stop watching.  If enough people do the same, they’ll step back and release less, but in the meantime either way our personal issue would be resolved.

45 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

"...."?

If you disagree with me, Stu, please say so. I welcome debate.

It's just a little histrionic, Richard.

9 hours ago, mstrox said:

Why do you feel like everyone owes you an explanation?

This is an absolutely hilarious response

I was literally just asking in case he wanted to elaborate, so y’know, we could discuss things on a discussion forum

7 hours ago, Stu said:

It's just a little histrionic, Richard.

"Histrionic"? Hands up. You got me. Sure it's histrionic; I'll happily admit that, but it comes, entirety, from the heart. I truly believe that Disney is among the most avaricious and downright evil organisations on the face of the planet, and it needs protecting from. I can't stress this strongly enough: reject The Mouse.

13 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

This is an absolutely hilarious response

I was literally just asking in case he wanted to elaborate, so y’know, we could discuss things on a discussion forum

Some fans are overprotective when it comes to Marvel/Disney/Star Wars. After all, it's all they got. ;)

I'm just lucky that I've still got so much of the golden age of these big franchises to discover before it went into a massive slump. Started watching Deep Space Nine after witnessing the absolute travesty that was Star Trek Picard (and being a big fan of The Orville), and this is exactly the kind of TV I need right now

8 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

I'm just lucky that I've still got so much of the golden age of these big franchises to discover before it went into a massive slump. Started watching Deep Space Nine after witnessing the absolute travesty that was Star Trek Picard (and being a big fan of The Orville), and this is exactly the kind of TV I need right now

Recently finished my rewatch of Deep Space Nine. The last three seasons are by far the best, IMO (even though the best single episode of the series is "Duet" from the first season). Know what surprised me? I long considered DS9 my favorite Trek series and Voyager my least favorite, when they were airing. But my wife and I moved on to Voyager after DS9 and it is SO much better than I remembered, even in the early three pre-Seven of Nine seasons. Yes it has its problems but so does every Trek show. I highly recommend you revisit it after DS9.

Yavar

5 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Recently finished my rewatch of Deep Space Nine. The last three seasons are by far the best, IMO (even though the best single episode of the series is "Duet" from the first season). Know what surprised me? I long considered DS9 my favorite Trek series and Voyager my least favorite, when they were airing. But my wife and I moved on to Voyager after DS9 and it is SO much better than I remembered, even in the early three pre-Seven of Nine seasons. Yes it has its problems but so does every Trek show. I highly recommend you revisit it after DS9.

Yavar

I’ll give it a go! Excited to hear that DS9 just gets even better, I haven’t even finished season 1 and there’s been some absolute crackers of episodes. Quark is probably my favourite character, very fun to watch and there’s so much depth to him and the rare moments where he expresses sincerity (even if he denies it after) are very powerful

Quick question - 

Do I need to see Spider-Man No Way Home before Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness?

[I ask because my 3D blu ray of Spider-Man won't arrive until August and that will be my first viewing]