The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

19 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

suddenly we're OK with recasting?

First time hearing about an MCU recast?

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law 1x09 Whose Show Is This?

Wooo boy, I did not like this episode of television.  The reveal that Todd was the HulkKing was fine, and Pug having to infiltrate Intelligencia was funny, but most everything else fell flat for me, including the extended fourth-wall break.  it doesn't make a difference if its taking something straight out of the comics if it isn't compelling when do it in a different media, and I didn't find what they did here compelling.

Ultimately the show wasted Maslany's talents by having her constantly sidelined by other stories in her own show, barely developing her character at the start or throughout the season, and replacing her with bad CGI a large portion of the time, often when it was completely unnecessary to do so.

I'd be down for different writers to use Maslany in either a new season of something or a movie, because this show didn't work for me and is probably at the bottom of my MCU tv-series list

Here's a primary reason why this show failed miserably...

https://bleedingfool.com/movies-tv-film/she-hulk-creators-admit-the-mcu-show-was-just-trolling-the-fans/

As writer Jessica Gao explained recently in a recent interview with Variety:

“…we were able to predict what the reaction was going to be, what a lot of the trolling comments were going to be, really shows how very tired and unoriginal these trolls are. That really tickled me because the little troll that lives inside of me really loves trolling the trolls.”

Wow, how sad is this writer's life that she felt the need to revolve this show's plot and themes around the <1% of the fan base?  I struggled to slog through this hot dumpster fire of a show because I didn't want to miss anything in the over-arching MCU timeline.  

I used to be a big MCU fan but lately I have fallen behind a lot, mostly on the TV shows. I saw wandavision which was good, loki and hawkeye which were pretty fun and falcon which wasn’t very good but I don’t really have any interest in checking out the rest and just hope they won’t have too much of a story impact on future movies.

The clips I’ve seen from she hulk look pretty bad and kind of cringy but I won’t really judge it without having seen the full show or at least a full episode.

The clips I’ve seen from she hulk look pretty bad and kind of cringy but I won’t really judge it without having seen the full show or at least a full episode.

I wouldn't even bother if I were you, I regret watching it!  It perfectly clear the writers were forcing their message down the viewers throats every episode.  It was exhausting how they portrayed pretty much every male character as misogynistic, incompetent, or chauvinistic.

I think culture wars is one of the most stupid things ever. Why waste screen time and talent just to go "trolled you LOLZ" on the idiots that spend too much time on the internet? Shouldn't they be more concerned with telling a good story?

Disney is just happy with any attention at this point (especially when the ploy to please fans with TRoS failed), even if it means allowing some of their key talent to get unnecessarily dragged online for the most silliest of reasons.

At least She-Hulk made me check out the Daredevil show. First 3 episodes are actually more of what would have expected from an atourney/superhero show. So, maybe She-Hulk is as ridiculous as it is because the serious approach was already taken by Daredevil.

12 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

At least She-Hulk made me check out the Daredevil show. First 3 episodes are actually more of what would have expected from an atourney/superhero show. So, maybe She-Hulk is as ridiculous as it is because the serious approach was already taken by Daredevil.

She-Hulk is Disney

Daredevil is Netflix

That's why!

38 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

So, maybe She-Hulk is as ridiculous as it is because the serious approach was already taken by Daredevil.

From what I understand, She-Hulk is pretty faithful in tone to its source material.  So blame the original comics.

44 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

From what I understand, She-Hulk is pretty faithful in tone to its source material.  So blame the original comics.

That's what I learned from that video.

Which puts up a kind of philosophical question:

Is a TV show, that is faithfull to a bad comic bad or good? 

Inspector Gadget 2 is supposed to be more faithful to the cartoon than the first movie, yet everyone would agree that it still didn't capture any of the charm whatsoever.

I would hesitate to call a comic with decades of different writers bad just because a faithful adaptation fell short in overall execution.

I think that WandaVision was the best and Loki and Hawkeye were enjoyable and fun. Falcon was rather disappointing and I'm not sure if I'll watch the others which don't look too good. Will definitively watch Secret Invasion though!

From the shows I watched, Loki was my favorite, i.e. the one that disappointed me and underwhelmed me the less. WandaVision started great, but the last two episodes were kinda crappy. Hawkeye and Moon Knight are okay, I guess.

2 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Am I the only one here who thinks Falcon & Winter Soldier was great?!

It was good. And it was arguably the most ambitious. (I still have seen Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk.)

I think it tried to spin a lot of plates and it didn't stick the landing. (Metaphor mixing: Activate!)

Edit: It has certainly been the most cinematic so far.

Looks like it’ll be full of weird little freaks!

Have to say that based on the trailers, I’m more interested in Quantumania than Wakanda Forever - even though I preferred Black Panther to either of the Ant-Men.  Just seems like there’s So Much Going On and So Loudly in the BP sequel.

2 hours ago, Romão said:

They want to make these movies look all epic, sweeping and large scale, but it all looks terribly phony and shot against a green wall, as it most certainly was

So where would be a good scouting location for the quantum realm?  Jeez…. 

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, Dr. Rick said:

So where would be a good scouting location for the quantum realm?  Jeez…. 

image.jpeg

That could at least made the characters look like they're actually there in that setting. Some movies do it well, most don't.

But whatever, I haven't watched a Marvel movie since 2015 and I don't think that will change anytime soon

I don't think I've watched a Marvel trailer in years.  Certainly not for the ones I look forward to eagerly (like Ant-Man).  In general, I don't actually like trailers and usually when I watch them I feel like I'm having to interpret/read between the lines to determine if I'm actually interested in the movie/show or not.  

100% true, related fact: I've still never seen the Force Awakens trailer that the entire world lost its collective shit over.

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

100% true, related fact: I've still never seen the Force Awakens trailer that the entire world lost its collective shit over.

The one John Williams scored?

8 hours ago, Jay said:

So then why did you watch this trailer and complain about what you saw in this thread?

I see a general trend in blockbusters that I dislike. Don't see what's wrong in commenting on it. 

We don't watch trailers only to confirm we want to see the movie, but often to know if it is something that might be of interest