The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Same!  I really like both scores and wish the expanded Mondo was out there digitally with the extra tracks.  Just got back home from Avatar 2 at the theatre and saw the Ant-Man trailer on the big screen.  Only two months away!

I always hated it when Star Trek was set in the 19th or 20th century (even if it was the Holodeck).

MV5BNWEzNjg5NDMtZjA5Zi00ZmRjLThkNjgtZTZl

Expected answer from Richard: 'But ... those are my favorite episodes!"

1 minute ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It might surprise you to learn, Alex, that, although I appreciate TNG, I have never liked it.

It's not about TNG but about the fact that Star Trek often went back in time to teach us about history (and at the same time saving a few bucks by using readily available costumes and decors).

main-qimg-738cc2480fe27f7c473ef9fa0ba27e

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll watch it around then

Still haven't seen Eternals, What If, or the GOTG Holiday Special

The longer I've sat with Black Panther 2 in my mind, the less I like it.

It's funny, I've read a lot of people complain about how much of the movie was devoted to setting up Ironheart/Thunderbolts stuff, whereas for me that's the part of the movie that actually works the most!  Very little about the main protagonist-antagonist story worked for me at all. 

It's weird to me that a lot of films these days don't even have full trailers out until 5 weeks or less before they open

Very disappointing trailer! The first two films were comedies! This trailer is all serious all the time... No thanks! 

What is the melody used throughout the trailer? It reminds me so much of Bear's Numenor theme! 

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

Very disappointing trailer! The first two films were comedies! This trailer is all serious all the time... No thanks! 

What is the melody used throughout the trailer? It reminds me so much of Bear's Numenor theme! 

I doubt it. If this movie is all serious all the time, I might actually watch it in the theaters. Don't get my hopes up.

I thought it looks good. And I especially liked some if the lines. They were very strong.

I'm still sure that this movie will be funny, just less so because of how it is the film that introduces Kang. And he's not really a funny guy

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I am just annoyed because this trailer seems to give away far too much of the story.

This rather looks like a summary than a teaser.

I'm all in. I THINK this is the movie I'm most excited for this year. (Then someone reminds me of something else coming out. Sure, I hope I like Dune 2 more than this.) 

I'm sure this will be at least as funny as Endgame. Endgame was still really funny. 

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Bump!

What the heck is up with the letterbox bars in this new Ant-man spot, with various people or objects being outside of them at times?

Is this gonna be a new marketing technique?

:eh:

‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’ Is ‘Jodorowsky’s “Dune” Within Marvel,’ Film’s Writer Says
"It’s a limitless place of creation and diversity and alien life," screenwriter Jeff Loveness teased of the upcoming MCU Phase 5 installment.