The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Owning a copy has lost its emotional/mental value, I guess. I've always liked shelves full of books, CDs or DVDs. They are like libraries of your past, a hall of records. It says more about a person than an empty room with a streaming/download device.

20 hours ago, The Original said:

How come people don't like collecting movies and keep permanent copies anymore?

Losing all my shit and constantly moving around broke me of that. I've owned so many copies of Batman. Now I just have digital copies. I can watch Batman while taking a dump or going to and from work. Or at work. It's really a miracle of evolution.

7 minutes ago, The Original said:

Thekthithm!

Black Panther is just as dull!

But at least it has likeable cast for the most part and some nice bits of production design. And a nice score.

Karol

Black Panther and Captain Marvel certainly presage a more diverse Phase 4 (good). I bet its also why Falcon got Cap's shield, instead of the more narratively deserving Bucky (bad).

In other words, Zzzzzz....

14 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Black Panther and Captain Marvel certainly presage a more diverse Phase 4 (good). I bet its also why Falcon got Cap's shield, instead of the more narratively deserving Bucky (bad).

In other words, Zzzzzz....

I don't think a brainwashed troubled assassin deserves the shield. And I don't think he would think that he did. It's about carrying the ideals of Cap into the future, not super serums. Plus both of them were Cap in comics at one point or another.

Karol

I see Cap giving shield to Falcon as an empty gesture, as a cop-out. And baiting.

They will only have had balls if they actually make a Captain America movie with Mackie in the lead role. That is the only thing that will be meaningful.

If they just have Mackie's Cap in a streaming show or whatever - that doesn't cut it.

If Marvel fail to make a cinematic motion picture with a black Cap, then they are just a pandering PC company offering platitudes without making any real progress.

31 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Black Panther is just as dull!

I thought Black Panther was worse. That was so poorly directed/acted that I couldn't finish it. 

I really enjoyed Black Panther.  I thought Captain Marvel was fine - not my favorite comic movie, but it had a few neat ideas, mostly in the back half of the movie (the Skrulls as non-villains twist especially), the acting was fine, and the downtime on the farm redeveloping Carol's character and relationship was nice.

I'm sure this is posted already but they are going to re-release Avengers Endgame, a version that is 7 minutes longer, so that it still can beat the box-office record of the likes of Avatar, Titanic and The Force Awakens.

MV5BOWM4OTQ3MTYtOGY5NS00NTliLTgxOWItMTIy

Is it fair? Is it fair?

10 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I'm sure this is posted already but they are going to re-release Avengers Endgame, a version that is 7 minutes longer

Of course it was

On 6/19/2019 at 5:03 PM, Jay said:

The actual film is unchanged. Everything new is in the credits. 

It was going to beat Avatar with or without this rerelease. Does it have $103mil left in the US. Doubtful. 

I bought Avatar blind on Blu-ray because it was Cameron and everybody raved about it. I haven't seen The Smurfs movies. I did see a scene on TV though ...

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Technically impressive, but it left me somewhat cold, just like with Fury Road. I guess I need something more than action, action and action.

Fury Road has much more than that. Perhaps you weren't paying attention?