The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I'm probably the only one in the world who hasn't seen Endgame.

raises hand Me neither!

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You were so disappointed, after the superb Winter Soldier.

It is the finest film ever that's not directed by Nolan!

Karol

Civil War wasn't as good as Winter Soldier but it was still a fine film.

The final act of Infinity War is nothing like the bland end fight in Civil War. 

There are real stakes, and it’s much more innovative in the way the heroes use their powers to combat Thanos.

It also helps that throughout the film, you have different groups of characters doing different things, which prevents the drama from getting stale. 

Great film!

Yes! Instead of a group of people, most of whom we know, fighting each other over their viewpoints (well, most of them), we have the heroes we know and others we don't punching and shooting gigantic infinite hordes of bland faceless CG mush armies! We have never seen that before!

The conflict in Civil War is contrived. 

Yes, you have some of the typical “army of faceless creatures attacking the heroes” stuff in Infinity War, but there’s enough additional stuff going on to keep it interesting, methinks. 

Alex its not for you, too many explosions and it was extremely popular and satisfying to the fans, not to mention critically acclaimed. And its fun. 

The drama between Rogers and Stark is compelling.  The thing these films never get the credit they deserve is for the acting. These films are modern day Shakespeare. People forget Shakespeare was for the masses not the elite.

These actors play off each other so well they make each other better. RDjr. gives a performance in Endgame that is equal if not better than many Best Oscar winning performances. Part of that credit must go to Chris Evans whose sincerity and stoic characterization shine.

29 minutes ago, Richard said:

Has anyone watched the video on YouTube, that juxtaposes the plot of BvS, and CIVIL WAR...and discovers that they are exactly the same?! :lol:

I mean we had a whole thread here on JWFan about that topic

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25992-batman-v-superman-versus-captain-america-v-iron-man/

On 7/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, John said:

The conflict in Civil War is contrived. 

As all "Superhero versus Superhero" stories are.

It really makes these responsible heroes look like nine-year olds. The smallest disagreement makes them come to blows.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Has anyone watched the video on YouTube, that juxtaposes the plot of BvS, and CIVIL WAR...and discovers that they are exactly the same?! :lol:

I have never watched any YouTuber videos except for the one tiny Japanese lady who eats twenty pizzas at a time.

49 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

As all "Superhero versus Superhero" stories are.

It really makes these responsible heroes look like nine-year olds. The smallest disagreement makes them come to blows.

You mean largest. Collateral damage is never a contrived or small disagreement. It might well be the most significant argument against warefare.

I never said many many I said too many. More than one I'd  guess is too many for you except for those in BB.

2 hours ago, The Original said:

Thank you for being a friend

JWfan, as you know, means "friendship" :)

25 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

I never said many many I said too many. More than one I'd  guess is too many for you except for those in BB.

Many too many.

Wow check out this deleted scene from Endgame

MASSIVE SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT YET

Spoiler

Kinda surprised they cut that

Yea, I get that it'd be somewhat redundant with the funeral scene, but I thought this was almost a better version of the same type of scene.  If they kept this, they could have had a different funeral scene that focused on the characters that weren't at the battle... or something

I think the only important thing it does is show

Spoiler

Gamora turning away from the group, since she's not at the funeral. I don't know if the theatrical cut shows that. Nor do I remember it explaining how she gets off world, either.

But I don't like the vibe of the cut scene. In light of the contemporary usage of kneeling for political disagreement, this feels bizarre. And redundant.

I think that a moment this significant deserves to be commemorated by more than one scene. I like it.

Spoiler

Tony's death still feels like it was primarily contract-motivated, though. He isn't the type of hero that ends his life in tragedy: I should think a Last-Crusade-type happy ending would have been more fitting for him. But, given how much I love that character, it is effective as it is.

Yea

Spoiler

in the theatrical cut you never see her again after Tony saves the day, so you don't even know if Gamorra disappeared with the rest of 2014 Thano's crew or not

They're doing the pose from Iron Man 3!

Yeah, it looks ridiculous, especially seeing Captain Marvel who's been in the MCU all of five minutes, awkwardly look around. So glad they cut this bullshit.

71aYephNm9L._SY606_.jpg

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Spider-Man: Far From Home is saving the MCU by ignoring its continuity

Thought this article had some interesting points

So much for Marvel's tight-knit planning, but I don't blame them for skipping over the whole earth drama - hey, if they didn't axe their amazing Netflix shows, they could've dealt with the consequences of the blip in a more human way. Although, before Thanos, I believe the MCU's big catastrophe that affected earth was called 'The Incident' when Loki swarmed New York with the Geonosians.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

The MCU really isnt all that tight-knit once you begin to think about it too much.

Definitely, though I always hear how well-planned and thought out the MCU is, especially the little hints and links to all their films - which is just absurd. Thanos wasn't really built up at all.

It's not tightly knit, and if it were it would be such a drag.  To me, continuity should always come second to story - well, third after story and character.  They shouldn't have to bend over backwards to retcon something from The Incredible Hulk when they want to make a new Avengers movie. Thus far, they've mainly steered clear.

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The MCU really isnt all that tight-knit once you begin to think about it

"When Steve almost lifted Thor's hammer in Age of Ultron it was TOTALLY planned, with Endgame in mind!"

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I never saw it move!

Are you blind?