Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

You like Ed Sheeran's, so your opinion on this matter is irrelevant.

This is a point which can not be stressed enough. I hate the way he mangles the name "Durin" ("Jurin" as he sings).

More like Dchurin

It pisses me off every single time.

Booowoooowooo...whiney whiney cry cry cry!

Very insightful point!

Go join DigitalFreakNYC and TheGayPilrim in the corner of people who I've pissed of today without giving a shit about it.

You've never pissed me off Stefan! Don't be silly.

This is a point which can not be stressed enough. I hate the way he mangles the name "Durin" ("Jurin" as he sings).

More like Dchurin

That is something I can forgive, the only thing that really bothers me is the "wooo hoo hoo" near the end, other than that, the song does not really bother me.

He toyed with Khuzdul! KHUZDUL!

When?

More like Dchurin

That is something I can forgive, the only thing that really bothers me is the "wooo hoo hoo" near the end, other than that, the song does not really bother me.

He toyed with Khuzdul! KHUZDUL!

When?

He spoke about it in an interview.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/18/hobbit-song-of-the-lonely-mountain/

Finn considered including lyrics in the dwarvish tongue Tolkien created but realized “that was difficult. The elves speak the more musical tongue.”

How is "considering including lyrics in the Dwarvish tongue" toying with Khuzdul?

Well we don't know how far his consideration got. He must have gone fairly far with it (as in, having some put to music) before deciding it was shit.

So any impressions, feelings, musings or thoughts on the Battle of the Five Armies score now prior to the release based on all the clips we have heard in the past few weeks?

So any impressions, feelings, musings or thoughts on the Battle of the Five Armies score now prior to the release based on all the clips we have heard in the past few weeks?

The additional clips have helped belay my earlier fears that the score would be too martial and not emotional enough, though the shortness of post-battle tracks does kind of alarm me still.

My favorite bits out of all the samples so far are:

-Politicians of Lake-town in the iTunes/WaterTower "Fire and Water" - So fun, and oddly comedic!

-Bard and Family Theme in the Google Play "Gathering Of The Clouds" sample - awesome to hear this in theme in a different setting!

-The epic battle music in Battle For The Mountain, Ravenhill, Sons of Durin, and To The Death! :rock:

-Dragon Sickness in the Google Play "The Clouds Burst" sample - sounds crazy, coolest variation yet!

-Thorin's Theme in the Google Play "The Return Journey" sample - wow!

And beyond those specifics, just the way he plays with that "barrels Out of Bond" melody in a bunch of samples, the new theme that pops up in Shores of the Long Lake, Dragon Sickness, and Ironfoot, all of Ironfoot, and of course Dain's theme!

Jay, don't forget the Ironfoot track, courtesy of BloodBoal ;)

He has heard it already.

Courtesy of BloodBoal? I had it long before that!

And in my post right before yours, I mention that Ironfoot is one of the highlights for me!

LOVE the ending with the choral Lake-town theme!!!

I wonder what will happen first:

TheHobbit.com putting some of the soundtrack as background music for the site, or the BOTFA awards site putting up the OST/FYC.

I love how Ironfoot sounds a little different for what we've come to expect from Shore's Middle-earth music but it still very much feels like it belongs in that world.

:up::thumbup:

I wonder what will happen first:

TheHobbit.com putting some of the soundtrack as background music for the site, or the BOTFA awards site putting up the OST/FYC.

The recording sessions leaking.

p-1460.jpg

What do you think of Ironfoot, Ro Sajooc?

The edits in the track annoy me, I can't wait to hear the proper version (from the SE OST)

Courtesy of BloodBoal? I had it long before that!

And in my post right before yours, I mention that Ironfoot is one of the highlights for me!

LOVE the ending with the choral Lake-town theme!!!

Choral Laketown?? Interesting!

I haven't checked out the samples for this one, I want to go in fresh for the last one. But these descriptions sound cool!

It sounds really awesome.

Of course we'll have to wait till Doug's book to know what the lyrics translate to

They are really keeping the lyrics a secret this time. The liner notes have mere few stanzas revealed.

I believe it was a year tomorrow when the Warner FYC site streamed full tracks from the DoS (standard) OST. I'm guessing this was a mistake and we shouldn't expect them to be quite so generous again this year?

Yes we are followers of instant gratification philosophy. "I want everything, now, this instant!"