Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Yeah, give us at least a Rarities archive CD out of mercy with juiciest unreleased stuff!

CRs won't happen now, that's a certainty!

Warner doesn't care about The Hobbit anymore, PJ doesn't care, Shore doesn't care... Only SUH and Doug care, but that won't be enough...

It could be enough! We just have to believe!

The Hobbit: The Complete Recording Sessions of Conrad Pope would be a good name for the project. Everyone would want it then.

It would recorded audio of Conrad keeping the NZSO happy with all his jokes during the sessions of DoS and BotFA.

Alternate title: Conrad Pope Live at Wellington Town Hall.

Make fun if you must. But Conrad Pope was the savior of the Hobbit scores!

He was a swell facilitator and a funny guy to boot.

Now that we know the EE is as much of a tracking and editing disgrace as the theatrical film, I have to say just this: you can say plenty of things about the Hobbit scores, but it boils down to the fact that after the LotR milestones, the treatment of Howard Shore is nothing less than a disgrace, and there is little excuse for it.

I want the unreleased and unused pieces of music, and I want them soon, and not in 8 years. And neither do I want a book excluding the pieces that were recorded, but chopped out or replaced. It would be false and pretended because it doesn't represent the auteur's whole vision. And that's the bottom line.

It's nothing more than what Shore deserves. These films have taken up so much money just to be thrown at useless crap, I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt one bit taking a fragment of that amount doing complete music releases.

The Tolkien films have built a reputation for sparing no expense to do an artistic vision justice. I'm well aware complete releases won't make much, or any, money. The whole trilogy descended into something un-good. Do the right thing one last time for fuck's sake!

On the upside, the newest version of Audacity has an updated version of it's center pan remover that attempts to retain the stereo field, so I should be able to get unreleased music from the EE documentaries in a sort of true stereo.

People are satisfied with the OSTs special editions.

Not so!

Being a great fan of soundtracks and films, the version they have released is really disturbing.. Most people are ok with that, only looking for themes ; but I'm looking for the exact score used in the film.

I have read quite a few posts like this.

The official released soundtrack is a joke. I wonder how long it'll take to release a 'Complete Recordings' set for these movies.....

That will be wierd...:

"Thrain: This music is actually from the Desolation Extended Edition, but because Shore felt it should'nt be on that soundtrack it was put at the end of the Battle soundtrack, when it came time to write this book, I decided to strictly follow the Soundtrack order and presentation.....

Dragon-Sickness: As the Dwarves search for the Arkenstone......."

We all know it was Doug who decided to leave so many cool pieces off the OSTs. He also decided to use Gondor Reborn and the Nazgûl themes so he'd get us to buy his book for the explanations.

Clever guy.

He also decided to use Gondor Reborn...so he'd get us to buy his book for the explanations.

No need. I've worked it out:

Who was leading the drama in that scene? Thorin.

What do you get when you combine "Thorin" with "Gondor"? Thorondor.

Who brought the company to the Carrock? The Eagles

Who was the greatest of the Eagles? Thorondor.

TL;DR: It's Thorondor's theme!