Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

I only agreed with what you said because I said something similar a few months ago regarding that theme!

I'm just agreeing with myself!

That's more like it!

But honestly 4 themes for Bard meant that some of them would be left by the wayside. Alas and woe is us!

Girion's theme and Bard The Dragonslayer should have been just one theme. They basically serve the same purpose: Bard becoming a hero, coming into his own.

Yeah it would have worked better from the perspective of sheer numbers.

I think it is safest to blame the one who has been the scapegoat from the start, Pope.

It never turns out that we get to see the footage scored by music we have on CD - its just deleted from the TC, not restored to the EE, and just gone forever. Stuff that turns up in the docs was always deleted so long ago Shore never scored it.

Pity because I'd love to see the palantir scene, and all those deleted shots from ROTK that Dangerous Passes would have scored

There's a couple tracks in the Return of the King score that feature the Dangerous Passages theme, and it was completely cut from the final film, and whatever shots they scored did not return in the EE.

It never turns out that we get to see the footage scored by music we have on CD - its just deleted from the TC, not restored to the EE, and just gone forever. Stuff that turns up in the docs was always deleted so long ago Shore never scored it.

Funny you say that, then mention the Palantir scene, which is a scene that turns up in the docs and was scored by Shore. ;)

Wait, the doc has the ENTIRE palantir scene? I thought it just had footage of the palantir being there in the Dol Guldur set?

Ah, well that's certainly the exception.

Think of how many "missing footage" cards exist on all your Score Restore videos for the Hobbit - its a lot! And LOTR will have a bunch too if you ever get around to doing those :)

For your LOTR videos, would you use the exact CR tracks? Or un-do the microedits and tracking, etc?

And will you make videos for all the OST tracks too? Just about every one contains something different than the CR...

Restore original composer intentions but also make a video with the final revised music?

Will there be arduous competition between you two BB? Fal is a tough act to follow!

It is the only way!

Sounds like a cool project! How long have you been working on it or have you not started yet?

Haven't started yet.

In the meantime, you can still check Fal's videos here: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23525

And while you are at it you can check also out my little analysis of An Unexpected Journey Part 1 and Part 2!

Yes, yes I know this was shameless self-promotion but this stuff doesn't promote itself. ;)

I somehow suspect BB will refuse categorically. Andy Price has not rival, Andy Price needs no rival!