Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

There's one thing better about the European version, though. At least you can take out the booklet.

Karol

Yeah and I am going to buy the last score SE European edition to complete my crappy casing trilogy. You have to be consistent with your OCD.

There's one thing better about the European version, though. At least you can take out the booklet.

Karol

Yeah and I am going to buy the last score SE European edition to complete my crappy casing trilogy. You have to be consistent with your OCD.

Same.

Cool! You should create an OCD club (Owners of Crappy Digipacks).

It should be OCD OCD Club for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Owners of Crappy Digipacks.

I guess I'm going to order the US one again, though I'm dreading the delivery time if it's as prolonged as last year... my OCD is already thwarted by owning the AUJ digipack.

I could throw in the "the samples are never late..." joke but it is just too easy. ;)

Ho ho ho!

gandalf.gif

What? When? Why? Who? How much?

Art. At noon. Because JWFAN. Beric Dondarrion. And 42.

Good answers. But you are not our lucky winner this time.

If the rumours are true, and this movie is only a paltry 145 minutes (including credits), then I imagine we'll be getting an awful lot of its music on the soundtrack.

LotR and the previous two films have really such high expectations for the running time. It is not about the length of the film but what you do with those minutes given to you.

The Amazon FR listing for the SE OST has been updated to reflect that "Ironfoot" does indeed come AFTER the Boyd song, like on the Standard OST

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00OM8BWO4/

Makes sense.

I had a dream that bagpipes featured heavily in this score ;).

Smaug's death should feature a bagpipe and Uillean pipe chorus!

Indeed. Surely it's an End Credits suite.

I am hoping now that Thrain is the cue from DOS that wasn't on the OST and not a theme presentation... I want that music!

Is'nt that just an alternate/early version of the opening of On The Doorstep?

No........

Yes......

It sounds exactly like it, but extended, with slightly different orchestration(the choir is singing the melody instead of just the flute), even the little background harp ditty is there (O.T.D.).

It's music written for Thrain talking though, not music for the dwarves climbing the statue. It's not an alternate to the OST track.

It's music written for Thrain talking and for the dwarves climbing the statue. It's an alternate to the OST track.

fixed.

I really need to see the EE to participate into all of this OCD music debate! ;)

Jay see this video, its the Dol Guldur cue and scene edited the way I think it originally was (thanks to Gkgyver for the by ear transcription of two bits of music)

(SPOILER! Contains EE Material!!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQSwI5aPja9elc4TmZxanRjd0E/view?usp=sharing

I really need to see the EE to participate into all of this OCD music debate! ;)

What are you waiting for?

What are you waiting for?

Tomorrow as the 7th is the release date here. ;)

Sssssshhhh!

Ya got a leak?

Well, someone is leaking ... ;)

It's music written for Thrain talking and for the dwarves climbing the statue. It's an alternate to the OST track.

fixed.

This exactly.

My guess ...

They're DoS scenes (the Dol Goldur one and Thrain's healing) with some of the EE music excerpts and GK's mockup of the "Thrain healing" music (which is very well done by the way).