Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Tauriel is rocking it in Ravenhill!

This score is gonna kill me. ;)

You can say that again!

The tragic statement of Tauriel and Kili in Ravenhill....!!!

DAT EREBOR THEME WITH THE RACING STRINGS!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG

Sons of Durin right? Yeah, crazy stuff.

I wonder what the Legolas vs. Bolg style music in To the Death would be scoring.

DAT EREBOR THEME WITH THE RACING STRINGS!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG

Sons of Durin right? Yeah, crazy stuff.

I wonder what the Legolas vs. Bolg style music in To the Death would be scoring.

yeah.

Action music sounds much more interesting than the action music from the end of DOS!

And I said I would wait for the album....

Ha like that would ever happen!

Courage and Wisdom is lovely.

Must be "The Moment"

"Child of the Kindly west"

Boyd's song is nice!

Loving Ironfoot. They seem like permutations of Edge of the Wild! That'll make the Boal happy!

The end of Dragon-Sickness, quotes that new theme from Shores of the Long Lake at the end of the sample. Wonder what it's for...

Well the healing music is in Thrain with some interesting Smaug stuff.

Smaug in Thrain, must be the "They are in league" scene?

Dain's theme in Battle for the Mountain seems to be the B section of Dwarf Lords?

Still no house of durin....

Darnation I have no iTunes. I have no way to listen to the longer samples. :(

The Clouds Burst is going to be a great cue! The Dain stuff in general is JUST what this score needed to brighten up the denser textures from DoS.

Darnation I have no iTunes. I have no way to listen to the longer samples. :(

I thought everyone had iTunes of some form! :o

Well I'm sure these samples will pop up on youtube in some form or another...

One would hope.

Listened to the 30 second samples. Jesus do I want this score!

Not sure about Boyd's song though. I'm not sure he has a voice suitable for, you know, proper singing. The lyrics sound lovely though, and I'm hopeful for the whole song.

Sons of Durin gives For Frodo a run for its money. Not sure if it ends up in the film though. Knowing PJ, he would probably go straight for For Frodo ;)

Well it probably was temp tracked with For Frodo in the first place. ;)

30 second samples yesterday, 90 today. The score is sound so good. Is it out yet? :(

Listening to Ironfoot...damn, someone should give Shore an epic Celtic film to score some day!

Fassbender was trying to get a Cú Chullain movie made. Shore could do that if it ever happens :P

Ironfoot sounds AWEEEEEEEESEOME by the way.

Also, I get a release date of the 28th of November for the iTunes version.

Awesome generic trailer music. But I am glad the guy is happy with this. He can leave the score album to us.

Dain's theme is amazing. Battle for the Mountain sounds like it will be a great moment.

Now I've given up all hope of hearing Misty Mountains again, and have come to terms with it. But PLEASE don't rob me of my beloved House of Durin theme...They can't surely?

Dain's theme is amazing. Battle for the Mountain sounds like it will be a great moment.

Now I've given up all hope of hearing Misty Mountains again, and have come to terms with it. But PLEASE don't rob me of my beloved House of Durin theme...They can't surely?

I too hope The House of Durin theme returns.

Interesting if that was the case.

That means that the Misty Mountains theme was the main theme to AUJ, exclusive to that film.

House Of Durin was the main theme for DoS, exclusive to that film.

And what is now speculated to de Dain's theme will the the main theme for TBOFA.

Each replacing the previous one.

Its an interesting diversion from the LOTR style, if true.

Yeah that is a sound theory I think, although I hope it won't turn out ot be entirely true. The House of Durin should be now part of the central dwarven thematic palette. We do have Erebor, Thorin, House of Durin and now Daín so there is a lot of dwarven music to develop.

If the House Of Durin theme is not returning, I'm not buying this shit!

Do not make threats you cannot follow through.

Do I hear hints of the House of Durin at 0:32 and The Dwarf Lords (A-Phase or whatever the fuck you call it) at 0:57 in parts of Dain's theme during 'Battle for the Mountain'?

I suppose it's also possible that with some 30 minutes or more missing from the soundtrack House of Durin will still be in the film, so I'm not panicking just yet.

No, you're right. It will be there. That 90-second bit of Sons of Durin sounds like it may run to the end of the track, so there should be about 2 minutes before it, during which the House of Durin will surely play. Of course it will be there. I mean, if it wasn't for that choral rendition in 'The Fallen' we wouldn't have heard Lake-town yet. Speaking of which, can we hear Bard/Girion in these samples?

And yes, Pope will obviously be blamed for any problems. That's what he's there for. Unlike his namesake, he's far from infallible.

Poor Mr. Pope. He is just doing his job and basically getting all the blame here. Not fair!

Maybe Pope first met Jackson in about September 2012 in some seedy Wellington bar and told him to jettison the Baggins-Took, Radagast and Company B Themes, and put back in some 'good old LOTR tunes', like the Ringwraith theme? He also assured him that if he brought him on board for the next two films he'd sort the music out and cut the 'shit'? Makes sense.

Jeez once again craziness happens after I go to sleep for the night.

Is there a way to save iTunes samples to your hard drive?