Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

reduce the number of new themes (to not overburden the audience?).

Overburden the audience? They don't give a rats ass about the number of themes as long there's a catchy main tune to tie it all together. I don't see the 100 LotR leitmotifs causing a problem.

I mean why fix what ain't broke?

In response to the OCD thing:

Maybe. but I guess the idea that there is a logical progression from point A to point B is foreign to some members.

in response to the entitled thing:

You've got me there.

(though I still want to do this:... There are other forces at work in this world, Incy, besides the will of Shore and Co. perhaps we were meant to find the unreleased music. In which case, we were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought." ;) )

Yes of course the interest in the process and evolution of the music is entirely valid. Undeniably such process produces some fantastic intermediate compositions before the final stage. But what I am saying is that we also can't diminish the later compositions that ended up in the film just because they came after what the composer initially or originally intended. In my opinion in the case of pure editing jobs (which e.g. FotR had in places) it is perhaps more valid to raise the issue of original VS final version though as it is not always a case of composition transforming into something else but mere scissor work done by the film makers in the process of crafting the film.

I was referring to the logical progression of the actual music/score, cutting out/rearranging cues can mess with it.

They should put up a sign "Under Construction" and have the whole team wear those helmets. :lol:

Well I would settle for some Sindarin, Black Speech and Quenya at this point but yes Khuzdûl would be nice. ;)

I think there are some Westron words in Tolkien's writings but I am afraid it is much the same as with Khuzdûl and David Salo would have to invent a lot of it.

I'm sure Disney will purchase both properties at some point and we could have a crossover. :)

Karol

tumblr_lpg7iwaCHi1qlq12ko1_400.jpg

Why would/should there be Quenya in The Hobbit?

Has there been any Quenya yet in The Hobbit?

Well the music for the both Gandalf and Nazgûl related The Nine theme contains a Quenya line. Most of the Elven scenes involving choir and soloists do feature Sindarin for the most part I think.

Is Mettana Quenya or Sindarin?

It is in Quenya. Shore's choice of Elven language scene-to-scene varies somewhat arbitrarily I feel. For Foundations of Stone those Quenya lyrics in elevated Elvish do sound somewhat appropriate.

For Foundations of Stone that Quenya phrase in elevated Elvish does sound somewhat appropriate.

isn't also in The Court of Meduseld?

It is in Quenya. Shore's choice of Elven language scene-to-scene varies somewhat arbitrarily I feel. For Foundations of Stone that Quenya phrase in elevated Elvish does sound somewhat appropriate.

As with most choral compositions, Shore probably picks the lines that best fits the work.

Radagast's spell when he exorcises the evil from the hedgehog (oh boy I never thought I would write that) is also in Quenya I believe. Could the boys choir chanting in Shore's original version found on the albums also be in Quenya then?

For Foundations of Stone that Quenya phrase in elevated Elvish does sound somewhat appropriate.

isn't also in The Court of Meduseld?

Ah yes it is. I guess it is Gandalf's "To the death" duel phrase, a wizardly "en garde". ;)

Mettanna Nárendur! An mauya mahtie. Mettanna!

Makes for one of my favourite LotR moments. I chose Narendur as an alias many years ago... Servant of Fire. Kinda appropriate, being a volcanologist! :lol2:

You keep saying that, Georg.

And JLB, educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanologist

Never heard "volcanologist" in my life, i suppose it's a modern term derived from the other...to make it more 'sensical' for the majoritiy of people, but blowing out etimology to bits.

A Silmarillion tone poem in the hands of Shore could be a beautiful thing.

I would pay very good money to hear that.

It's the same situation with the original and prequel Star Wars trilogies. The original trilogy built to a climax with Jedi, and the prequel one with Sith. Watched in chronological order, you now have two climaxes.

Personally, I think the best order to watch the Star Wars films is IV-V-I-II-III-IV. That way you still get the impact of the reveal in TESB, but have the backstory to lean on for ROTJ.

But is it anatomically accurate?

I assume Christian is an anatomically accurate vulcanologist/volcanologist.

A Silmarillion tone poem in the hands of Shore could be a beautiful thing.

I would pay very good money to hear that.

It's the same situation with the original and prequel Star Wars trilogies. The original trilogy built to a climax with Jedi, and the prequel one with Sith. Watched in chronological order, you now have two climaxes.

Personally, I think the best order to watch the Star Wars films is IV-V-I-II-III-IV. That way you still get the impact of the reveal in TESB, but have the backstory to lean on for ROTJ.

The impact of watching III and VI back to back is amazing.

The best order to watching Star Wars is as follows:

1.) Insert Disc/Find Torrent/Find a streaming website/Open your Digital file.

2.) Sit down and enjoy the film

3.) Get up because you forgot to get a snack.

4.) Ignore point 3 if you have a caring other half or soon to be or sibling to get them for you

5.) Sit back down and enjoy the film

6.) Realize that the film you have started watching is The Fellowship of the Ring

7.)You have completed the steps