Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Good on you, Bilbo!

I was actually thinking about this topic this morning. This also explains why as the Hobbit trilogy goes on and we get closer to FOTR, Bilbo's theme fades away and gets replaced by The Shire theme. And why Gandalf's Theme is gone by FOTR.

As Sauron heads East and amps up his quest for The One Ring, he doesn't care about any individuals. It's just cultures and places in the way of his takeover.

Good on you, Bilbo!

I was actually thinking about this topic this morning. This also explains why as the Hobbit trilogy goes on and we get closer to FOTR, Bilbo's theme fades away and gets replaced by The Shire theme. And why Gandalf's Theme is gone by FOTR.

As Sauron heads East and amps up his quest for The One Ring, he doesn't care about any individuals. It's just cultures and places in the way of his takeover.

Yup, it all gets bigger, the stakes get raised. The Hobbit is very much about Bilbo, Thorin, Smaug etc. but The Lord of the Rings is about Middle-Earth.

oh wait you are talking about the OTHER part of the Legolas scenes that sounds like 'Hunters'

no thats actually part of the new soundtrack, its 2:40-2:55 from 'to the death

I thought you were talking about the tracked Legolas theme

Shore obviously could not care less at that point.

Right, as if LOTR never had any strangely placed themes in it. Or do you think he didn't care about those scores too? If so, I'm not sure why I'm wasting time on you.

You obviously don't know what sarcasm is....

42 posts and thinks he can tell me what to say or think here. Go back to whatever crevice you escaped from!

...and I'm the one that doesn't know what sarcasm is?

Since 42 posts isn't enough to have an opinion on here, I guess I won't come back. I don't want to offend the regulars.

Going to see this tomorrow. I wanted to say "finally", but couldn't decide whether that word expressed my looking forward to the movie/score or that this protracted affair was coming to an end. Because I feel both.

Probably the arrow peircing smaug.

well I think I know what confused us

one part of the Hunters was tracked for BOTFA, another part was reused and re-recorded (thus making it its own theme???)

Well, its just The Woodland Realm theme.

2:39 - 3:06 of Fire and Water might be my favorite rendition of the Smaug material in the whole trilogy. :music:

My goodness, those harps at 2:50 add so much color.

SO AWESOME!

Its hard to tell really

the arrow piercing smaug seems to short a scene to fit with that part

and unreleased music plays right afterwards, so it feels more like it was just replaced

also yes that part is awesome

whats that PJ, you cut that too?

ah well

Doesn't make much sense going there. Suits the grandeur of gold as used in DOSI

I thought it was fitting the Dwarves defying Smaug.