Minority Report being redone as TV series

Matt C

CEh2sOcUIAAlpO4.jpg-large.0.jpeg

Just realized that's the TD building here at Toronto. This shit was filmed on Canadian soil....

Spielberg, as great a director as he is, isnt a guarantee for quality TV. The most successful thing he's been associated with is E.R.

Yeah, Spielberg the producer is a different animal from Spielberg the director. He puts his name on a lot of crap and has really only produced a small handful of good things since 2000 that he hasn't also directed....pretty much just the WWII stuff, Super 8, and True Grit. I guess United States of Tara was supposedly pretty good too.

Yup. The plaza leads into the main TD tower. It's popped up in a couple of films.

Brookfield_Pl._1_06.11.04.jpg

I didn't realize you guys had TD in the States.

Hmmm, watched the trailer. Definitely some bad acting in there! Interesting that it takes place after the movie, instead of re-telling the story from the beginning like most shows based on movies. Might be a show that struggles at first but gets good when it finds its footing. Or it could turn into a procedural case-of-the-week show with just a slight sci-fi twist. Remains to be seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like Fox hangs on a bit longer than the other Network stations.

Oh, I dunno. Dollhouse, Tru Calling, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Stacked and The Loop may have gotten second seasons, sure....
But then there's Wonderfalls, The Inside, Firefly, Alcatraz, Terra Nova, Space Above and Beyond, Undeclared, Cracking Up, Enlisted, Class of 96, Reunion....

Wow . . . that trailer was some seriously awful crap. Can't even imagine I'll take the time to watch the show now.

And about that promo poster . . . what's with the cables attached to the jet packs? Didn't they have free-moving jet packs in the movie? If this takes place years after the story in the film, why would they need cables now? And does it really make sense to have jet packs if you can only use them where they've got cables strung up? (Actually, the bigger and more damning question is: did some knucklehead use a still from the show before the cables were matted out?)

Yeah Fox has canceled a lot of shows only after a few episodes.

So have most networks at one time or another. Fox is actually much better at taking a show that's great during its first season and horribly and inexplicably maiming it by changing its premise during its second season, leading to cancellation immediately thereafter. (Looks like they're taking a shortcut on this one and just making it terrible from the start.)