Rank The Indiana Jones Films

Temple Raider

I can tell the SW prequels aren't exactly respected here ROTFLMAO

I love them but I am very much in the minority.

Don't fret, I know the feeling of having unpopular opinions. Hell, my Indy ranking right there is unpopular. Not many would dare rate TOD as the best and TLC as the worst.

Don't fret, I know the feeling of having unpopular opinions. Hell, my Indy ranking right there is unpopular. Not many would dare rate TOD as the best and TLC as the worst.

Actually a lot of people feel that way.

I don't hate Crystal Skull as much as other here though, even if it's still the weakest

I'd pick it over most of the big movies we got this summer, for example

Actually a lot of people feel that way.

I know a fair number who'd rate TOD as their favorite, but very few I know of rate TLC as the weakest.

I still like TLC a lot even if it rates as my least favorite. Honestly, for me both TLC and KOTCS are pretty much tied for my third and fourth favorite Indy film.

I can tell the SW prequels aren't exactly respected here ROTFLMAO

I love them but I am very much in the minority.

Oh I stopped caring a long time ago. I enjoy them, what other people think of them no longer matters to me.

Star Wars Prequels and Indy 4 > Guardians of the Galaxy

At least Guardians didn't have lines about sand getting everywhere and all the actors where good

I’m actually a defender of the Star Wars prequels, but the reasons why I like them have little to do with their obsessive gap-filling. The fundamental flaw in the Star Wars prequels—besides their stiff performances, incessant committee meetings, and casually racist comic relief—is that while George Lucas would like to pretend that the Star Wars series is designed to be watched in order from I to VI, most of the big dramatic scenes in the first three episodes will resonate most with people who’ve already watched the original trilogy. When Anakin Skywalker dons his Darth Vader armor for the first time, or when Luke and Leia are born, or when Lucas repeats lines and images from episodes IV through VI, he’s nodding to existing fans, not crafting moments that have their own innate power.

This is the way of things with prequels: They trade on the totemic. If there’s a catchphrase or a weapon or an article of clothing that the hero of an older movie series is known for, prequels build to the scene where the character uses one of the above for the first time. Or they make a joke about how the character is not going to use it—a joke that only people who know the franchise will get.

http://thedissolve.com/features/exposition/759-the-problem-with-prequels/

This is the way of things with prequels: They trade on the totemic. If there’s a catchphrase or a weapon or an article of clothing that the hero of an older movie series is known for, prequels build to the scene where the character uses one of the above for the first time. Or they make a joke about how the character is not going to use it—a joke that only people who know the franchise will get.

Truer words were never spoken (well, possibly, during the course of History, there were, but not today).

Directors/producers generally try to insert too many references to the original film(s) in the prequel(s), and so the prequel doesn't stand on its own. It just end up being a by-product.

Funny thing is that The Hobbit trilogy does the same thing. But those moments would probably have been more exciting in the SW prequels (if only because those characters and referenced scenes are more iconic).

Directors/producers generally try to insert too many references to the original film(s) in the prequel(s), and so the prequel doesn't stand on its own. It just end up being a by-product.

To tie this into the Indy films, you can use the same logic with this series. TOD comes before Raiders in the timeline, but when Indy reaches for his gun in Raiders and it's not there, that moment absolutely will not work if you don't see Raiders first. Of course, these movies aren't numbered like the SW movies, but the hope is that people see Raiders first to fully appreciate some moments in TOD.

Is it just me, or does it still make no sense when, out of nowhere, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon discovered a way back from the netherworld or whatever in Revenge of the Sith? He was burned on fire and never vanished when he died like the Jedi do in the old movies, so how the hell was he the one to discover this power?? Did Lucas just forget about the ghost thing while he was busy referencing the old movies and thought to shoehorn it into the script at the last minute?

Is it just me, or does it still make no sense when, out of nowhere, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon discovered a way back from the netherworld or whatever in Revenge of the Sith? He was burned on fire and never vanished when he died like the Jedi do in the old movies, so how the hell was he the one to discover this power?? Did Lucas just forget about the ghost thing while he was busy referencing the old movies and thought to shoehorn it into the script at the last minute?

See episodes 10-13 of Clone Wars Season 6.

Or you could just explain it here.

Fuck the hate, Short Round is a child sidekick done right. When he gets chained to mine, he doesn't wait for Indy, he takes the initiative to free himself then break Indy from the spell. And he can kick ass!

THIS!

THIS AGAIN! TO THE TENTH POWER!

Calm the fuck down NOW!

Lee? Is that me?

Or you could just explain it here.

Nah. If people care enough they'll watch the episodes.

Anakin/Vader didn't disappear. He was burned on a pyre, just like Qui-Gon, yet he reappeared at the end of ROTJ—just after his death, I might add, which I believe makes him the most rapidly recycled Jedi in the series.

I think you're overthinking this. Seems to me their "souls" or whatever find a way to return/communicate/hang out after they die, regardless of the manner of their death or the disposition of their bodies.

I think it all depends on the Jedi midichlorians count. If you have at least half as many midichlorians as Yoda, then you can turn into a ghost. However, if you have less than half as midichlorians as Yoda, but buy some on the midichlorians market to have more, that wouldn't count. UNLESS that makes you have more midichlorians than Yoda. Of course, depending on the type of midichlorians you bought (brand new or used), this may or may not apply. And obviously, if you didn't pay your taxes on midichlorians, you can't turn into a ghost, since the Republic will seize your soul when you die.

It's so simple, but many just dont "get' midichlorians

On the topic of Indy, when you view the series do you prefer chronological order with TOD before Raiders or release order? I far prefer release order, I think TOD just works better when watched after Raiders, largely because of it's frantic pace.

I don't even think of them as being in any "order" any more, because I don't ever make it a point to watch them together, or back-to-back. I just pick the one I'm in the mood for.

I always go with release order. They don't really tell a singular story so there's no real benefit to watching them in chronological order.

TOD is set before Raiders, but the only real inconsistancy is when he says in Raiders he disbelieves in the supernatural, which I always wrote off as him simply not describing what he experienced in India during TOD since perhaps the college staff would've found him crazy and revoked his teaching license, so he simply kept quiet about it.