Overrated Sequels/Prequels

ALIENS

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY

DIE HARD 2

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

IRON MAN 3

THE DARK KNIGHT

X MEN: FIRST CLASS

I always have liked Die Hard 2 and thought Terminator 2 was the best one.

I don't dislike the Nolan Batman films, but I don't love them either. I feel that any interpretation of Batman is valid as long as it's entertaining, just like with the Bond series. I enjoy Adam West, 90s Animated Series, Schumacher and my favorites are the Burtons. I'd like for Batman to start being fun again as opposed to uncharismatic, grim and pretentious.

The only Batman incarnation I don't like is Schumacher's. I mean... it's just awful. The worst thing. However one feels about Nolan's take, you can't deny that it performed the necessary service of legitimizing the character again in a cinematic setting and opened the possibility... no, likelihood/inevitability of future interpretations. Any Batman fan probably at least appreciates that.

The only Batman incarnation I don't like is Schumacher's. I mean... it's just awful. The worst thing. However one feels about Nolan's take, you can't deny that it performed the necessary service of legitimizing the character again in a cinematic setting and opened the possibility... no, likelihood/inevitability of future interpretations. Any Batman fan probably at least appreciates that.

Actually, the 1989 film did that.

Supergirl might appear in Man Of Steel 2. Deborah Snyder said, if you look closely, there's an empty pod in the Fortress Of Solitude. She could be joking, of course.

I'd like a Catwoman movie with Hathaway.

If they did that, then there'd be two parallel continuities running at the same time since Hathaway's Catwoman is part of the Nolanverse and we're presently in the middle of the Snyderverse.

Guardians of the Galaxy. I liked the film but felt tired of the marvel universe. I've convinced myself I'm never going to see another superhero/comic book film again. Ant-Man and a ream of other films from both DC and Marvel just pushed me over the edge. There was a time when these films were special gems, now it's origin this, sequel/reboot that...

It's not a sequel nor a prequel!

Off-topic posts will get you banned!

It might as well be.

I've read posts here more deserving of bans but I think we're all reasonable people here.