Bond villain actor Richard Kiel dies at age 74

Ricard

Moonraker is my favorite non-Connery bond film

The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker were two of my favorite movies from my teens. They undoubtedly owe a great deal of their success to the Jaws character.

Great stuff :D

Another regrettable loss. I had the good fortune once of encountering Kiel at a festival in Estes Park, Colorado (around 1987, I believe). I handed him a drink, actually. The cup was the size of a large soda you'd get at most fast food places. It literally disappeared in his fist. You never really get the scale of the man looking at the movies. He was huge. And friendly, too. His smile's less metallic in person. That was always one of the most memorable "celebrity" meetings I ever had.

RIP

I grew up watching Happy Gilmore all the time, and when I started getting into Bond during high school I began to really appreciate the presence that he brought to the screen. Seeing him in things like The Twilight Zone, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., and Silver Streak over the years always brought a smile to my face. He was a great surprise when he popped up in the game Everything or Nothing and it proved that his legacy will continue on for many years to come.

The Spy Who Loved Me is good, but Moonraker is a real turd of a movie, with great space effects.

I disagree. Moonraker has all the James Bond hallmarks including a great Barry score

And it's the last that felt like a "classic" James Bond film

Seeing him in things like The Twilight Zone, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., and Silver Streak over the years always brought a smile to my face.

Yeah . . . I always liked his role in Silver Streak even more than his appearances as Jaws.