Williams starts scoring Episode VII in two (!) weeks..?

Sandor

It was just announced that Spielberg will be having Williams work on several boring dramatic films that he is filming in a matter of months in the exact time frame Williams is supposed to be scoring Episode VII.

It was just announced that Spielberg will be having Williams work on several boring dramatic films that he is filming in a matter of months in the exact time frame Williams is supposed to be scoring Episode VII.

Lincoln 2: The Funeral

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is actually starting to work on EpVII shortly, as it's likely a lot of music will be required. This probably means they're gonna spot the movie soon and look into all the musical needs, so JW can start preliminary work on themes and so on. Though, it's still too early to know about composition time and recording dates. Considering the release date, it would make sense to speculate they're gonna record the score sometimes next late spring/early summer. I just hope JW will be back at Abbey Road to record with the LSO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is actually starting to work on EpVII shortly, as it's likely a lot of music will be required. This probably means they're gonna spot the movie soon and look into all the musical needs, so JW can start preliminary work on themes and so on. Though, it's still too early to know about composition time and recording dates. Considering the release date, it would make sense to speculate they're gonna record the score sometimes next late spring/early summer. I just hope JW will be back at Abbey Road to record with the LSO.

He won't. He said years ago that he was "getting too old" for the long travels, so it will most likely be recorded in the US. The alternative is someone else conducting in the UK. But I highly doubt that.

AHA! This is all coming together now.

Ford A. Thaxton just posited on the FSM boards that the reason Williams is starting to write music in the next 2 weeks is because Disney wants to attach a teaser for Episode 7 to this December's "Into The Woods", which opens Christmas Day. The teaser would feature original cue written by Williams and recorded in LA.

I think this is very plausible.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=96000&forumID=1&archive=0

Out of those 3, we only got Hook on the OST, and it was at the wrong speed.

1941's we didn't get until the 2011 La-La Land release

and Harry Potter's we still don't have, not even in the recording session leak.

It actually makes sense, since for the Harry Potter 1, he changed the theme a bit from it's teaser version to the final film version

And 1941 was a unique theme that didn't really make it into the score

Hook's teaser theme was used as a theme in the film's score, basically sounding the same as it did in the teaser.

What's so "different" about it? All that music was integrated into the score in one form or another.

What's so "different" about it? All that music was integrated into the score in one form or another.

Not in that form! ;)

We don't know yet, though it will most likely be LA players.

Not a long time ago in a bar not so far, I met a person from the certain orchestra, tried to get her/him drunk and ask about it. The person couldnt tell but was very mysterious.

I know, but some people like that arrangement (which I don't find to be that different from what ended up in the score, to be honest, though I'll admit the bit starting at 1:10 is quite good).

Not a long time ago in a bar not so far, I met a person from the certain orchestra, tried to get her/him drunk and ask about it. The person couldnt tell but was very mysterious.

You say you tried to get him/her drunk, but I'm sure you're the one who ended up drunk.

I haven't followed the EpVII conversation att all. Is it conformed who will perform the music for the actual film, LA players or LSO?

Hasn't been announced.

All six prior scores were recorded in London with the LSO, which leads some people to assume it will be recorded there.

Williams hasn't left the USA since 2005, which leads some people to assume it will be recorded in LA.

A third option is Williams writes in LA, but it gets recorded under a different conductor in London.

It's not DRASTICALLY different, but it IS different.

Williams is notorious for identifying Across the Stars as the franchise's first and only love theme.

No, actually that was George Lucas who said that. "I can't believe it! Five movies and no love theme!"(until Across the Stars.) Williams never said anything of the kind. In fact, I imagine he was totally confused by George's statement, considering that -- from a certain point of view -- EACH ONE of the Star Wars films had a romantic love theme composed for them.

Williams is notorious for identifying Across the Stars as the franchise's first and only love theme.

No, actually that was George Lucas who said that. "I can't believe it! Five movies and no love theme!"(until Across the Stars.) Williams never said anything of the kind.

Wrong.

2:55

Not in that form! ;)

I understand people liking the arrangement. But I can't hear much of a difference in the thematic content itself.

I know, but some people like that arrangement (which I don't find to be that different from what ended up in the score, to be honest, though I'll admit the bit starting at 1:10 is quite good).

You say you tried to get him/her drunk, but I'm sure you're the one who ended up drunk.

Actually I got some INTERESTING information but since you are so mean, I will not tell it!

Actually I got some INTERESTING information but since you are so mean, I will not tell it!

Oh, come on! Pretty, pretty please!

95129-spongebob-square-pants-sponge-sad.

No, actually that was George Lucas who said that. "I can't believe it! Five movies and no love theme!"(until Across the Stars.) Williams never said anything of the kind.

Wrong.

2:55

You're right. I was wrong.

AHA! This is all coming together now.

Ford A. Thaxton just posited on the FSM boards that the reason Williams is starting to write music in the next 2 weeks is because Disney wants to attach a teaser for Episode 7 to this December's "Into The Woods", which opens Christmas Day. The teaser would feature original cue written by Williams and recorded in LA.

I think this is very plausible.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=96000&forumID=1&archive=0

You forgot to highlight this:

Remember, this is just a UNCONFIRMED RUMOR!!!!!

If the rumor is true, then that's great news that they would want original music for the trailer...bodes well for how JJ will approach spotting the film (aka tracking music from the other scores versus having JW write new material)

at 1minute 10seconds , it's the only version of that portion of the theme in "full orchestral mode". We usually only hear it on the celesta solo