Ghostbusters (2016 reboot)

Jay

I'm not entirely satisfied by the original one, so I suppose this will feel the same (I seriously doubt it) or worse, or completely different (in which case I don't see the point).

Some reactions I've seen somewhere to the characters being women are funny and telling.

4 Ghostbusters:

Kristen Wiig

Jessica Chastain

Elizabeth Banks

and added midway through the picture: Mindy Kaling

Supporting characters:

Emma Stone

Sigourney Weaver

Charlyne Yi

Chris O'Dowd

David Wain

He's right. I don't want to see a bunch of ghostbusting broads. This is the natural progression. Ghostbusters 2 took away the drinking and smoking. Extreme Ghostbusters took away the original Ghostbusters and had some latin goth chick and a dude in a wheelchair. Now they're all women.

Gillian Anderson wants in on Ghostbusters

In the same chat, Anderson was also asked if she fancied being part of director Paul Feig's new team of Ghostbusters. It seems safe to conclude that she would like that very much. Her exact words? "OH MY GOD, I just looked it up online. Paul Feig, cast me now! Start a Twitter petition! I'm free!!!!! I'm free I'm free and I'm funny, goddamnit!"

Wow, weird.

Guess she doesn't take her commitment to Hannibal that seriously. Or they are killing her off...

Wow, weird.

Guess she doesn't take her commitment to Hannibal that seriously. Or they are killing her off...

With a lot of possible Ghostbusters on TV shows (Melissa McCarthy on Mike and Molly, Anna Faris on Moms, various on SNL, etc etc), it only makes sense that the movie would shoot during most shows' spring/summer hiatus.

Yea, good point.

It's just the "I'm free!!!!! I'm free I'm free and I'm funny, goddamnit!" made me think she might already be done with Hannibal.

Ghostbusters 2 took away the drinking and smoking.

I never get this complaint people often have towards GB2. So what if they smoke and drink less? They didn't do it that much in the first one either and it wasn't part of what made it good.

This reboot IMO is a terrible idea, best to let Ghostbusters rest in peace with the two films and both of the animated series as well as the comics and video game. They waited too long to make another and so much can go wrong at this point.

Don't know if her names been thrown into the ring but I'd be willing to bet Tina Fey. Hell, maybe her and her partner in crime Amy Poehler.

On this note, Nick Offerman in some capacity. Mabye the Mayor. "Think of all those unregistered voters..."

Yea, good point.

It's just the "I'm free!!!!! I'm free I'm free and I'm funny, goddamnit!" made me think she might already be done with Hannibal.

I thought I had read that she had just been upgraded to a regular for this upcoming season.

Yes, obviously she is a regular is season 3; What I meant is that her statements make me think that Season 3 will be her final season, since she's claiming to be so free for when the movie will shoot in the future.

• 3 weeks later...