Ghostbusters (2016 reboot)

Jay

What would have been a nice little surprise is now ruined (for anyone who gave a shit about this shit).

Agreed. What did this achieve except spoil a fun surprise?

Is it just a desperate attempt to appease those unhappy about not getting a true Ghostbusters 3?

To be fair, the studio, director or anything like that didn't ruin the surprise; Aykroyd tweeted about it himself

But isn't Aykroyd now a direct employee of Sony developing their "Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe"?

I can't believe I actually just typed that sentence. :(

I can't believe I actually just typed that sentence. :(

I know! It's awesome, right?

Just think of the franchise crossover potential! Ghostbusters In Black. Jack & Jill & Slimer. The Apparition With The Dragon Tattoo. Cloudy With A Chance of Sliming.

Sony's board will be licking their lips.

Sony will announce 6 months from release that Feig's Ghostbusters is being split into 3 films, so we can experience his complete artistic vision.

• 3 weeks later...

Drew Pearce confirms new Ghostbusters movie from the Russo brothers and Ivan Reitman

How are the Russo brothers supposed to make this between Civil War (2016), Infinity War Part 1 (2018) and Infinity War Part 2 (2019)? Well, I guess if its coming out in 2017...

Man these guys went from nobodies to hot shit overnight!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now we know why Bill Murray was so anti-Ghostbusters. It's a shame that reconciliation came too late for the olriginal four to reunite one last time.

Well, now we know why Bill Murray was so anti-Ghostbusters. It's a shame that reconciliation came too late for the olriginal four to reunite one last time.

They all came back for the 2009 videogame adaptation, which is at its core GB 3, only not as good as the previous 2. Still it was worth it to hear them having fun again with their characters.

As for this reboot, it can go get sucked into a proton pack.

It's a half-decent remake of the first one, but it's a fun watch.

Nowhere near as good as the original, though, which is one of the all-time greatest comedies.

Gistech is implying something in that article explains it?

Didn't mean to imply that. That's why I didn't quote the article.

He never wanted to do a third apparently

They all came back for the 2009 videogame adaptation, which is at its core GB 3, only not as good as the previous 2. Still it was worth it to hear them having fun again with their characters.

As for this reboot, it can go get sucked into a proton pack.

I'll quote these both because they are relevant to my point. Owing to Groundhog Day, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis had a massive falling out and didn't speak for years. Bill's claim for not wanting to do any more Ghostbusters was weak - he did the video game after all. But think of it this way: all the actors would have had to record their dialogue separately. Bill Murray would never need to have seen Harold Ramis. So I think that's why Bill Murray didn't want to do Ghostbusters 3: because it meant being in the presence of somebody he hated at the time.

Of course, they reconciled before Ramis' death.

As for Bill Murray's character NOT being Venkman, WTF?! That'll piss off a lot of Ghostbusters fans. What are they thinking?!

It's a half-decent remake of the first one, but it's a fun watch.

Nowhere near as good as the original, though, which is one of the all-time greatest comedies.

See, I don't get it when people refer to GB2 as a remake of the first. Because all I see are the same characters 5 years later (some having moved on) getting into completely different situations.

I agree that the first is the best, but the sequel isn't too far behind. With such likeable characters it's impossible to hate it right?