Michael Giacchino's Tomorrowland (2015)

Jay

Can't wait!! I wish it were coming out closer to the release of the movie, though. Could the digital release come out sooner?

“Tomorrowland” director Brad Bird (for whom Giacchino has done “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille” and “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol”) says he considers the composer “a co-storyteller rather than somebody who’s going to put music to my pictures.

“By this time in the process,” Bird told Variety during the February “Tomorrowland” sessions, “you’re making all these little tiny improvements, these little steps forward. Then you hand it off to Michael and he makes this giant leap.”

From this new Variety piece about Giacchino:

http://variety.com/2015/music/features/michael-giacchinos-big-summer-1201483487/

Hopefully!

Inside Out will probably have a lot of stuff like the beginning and end of Up.

Well it looks more promising than the "we don't want the score too loud and intrusive" JP director comment

OK finally caught up on the final trailer, the latest TV spots, and the two featurettes.

The final trailer was interesting - didn't realized they were chased out of Clooney's house by robots with laserguns - that was pretty neat.

The first featurette, sounds like Giacchino music the entire second half

The Plus Ultra featurette - might be Giacchino, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of his proteges scores it, like Tilton, Sieter, Datzman, etc.

If a portion of it is in the final film, we'll find out via the end credits if someone other than Giacchino scored it, I guess

The first featurette, sounds like Giacchino music the entire second half

The Plus Ultra featurette - might be Giacchino, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of his proteges scores it, like Tilton, Sieter, Datzman, etc.

If a portion of it is in the final film, we'll find out via the end credits if someone other than Giacchino scored it, I guess

I didn't pay much attention to the music in the first featurette, but now that I've listened to it a few times, it does sound like it could be Giacchino. For the Plus Ultra featurette, could that potentially be "A Story About the Future," the cue in one of the pictures from the recording sessions? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

We finally have a release date for the Tomorrowland OST: Tuesday June 2nd!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V5SU4B6

I just got an email from Amazon indicating the Tomorrowland OST is actually coming out May 19th!

Sweet!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V5SU4B6

And now it says June 2nd again!!!!!!!

I guess Disney changed their mind, then changed their mind again?

Originally they had Tomorrowland listed as June 2nd, and Inside Out and Cinderella (Legacy Collection) for June 16th. Then one by one all three changed to May 19th... and now all three are back to their original dates.

I guess the original dates were right, and Amazon screwed up somehow, or something. I dunno.

Puns galore.

https://twitter.com/BradBirdA113/status/596562847175282688

As an aside, how the hell do you embed a tweet on this board?

OK, that explains why the release date changed, then changed back on Amazon.

how the hell do you embed a tweet on this board?

Click the "..." on the twitter page, then click "embed tweet", a new window pops up with html code in it - copy that to your clipboard.

Then, over here on JWFan, in the Reply area, click on "More Reply Options", then "Enable HTML" in the right side, then paste the code in.

If you want to add any commentary to your post containing the tweet, its best to add that to the top of the post AFTER pasting in the tweet code.

Alex Disease has got you too now, Jason!

Wrong. At the time I posted, his post did not contain an embed of the tweet in question. He must have added it to his post within the last hour or so.