The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

Batman has his Gotham series.

So Superman gets his... Krypton one?

Right, as if Smallville wasn't enough of a fan service. Let's try and extend it to a home planet that no longer exists (otherwise, it wouldn't be about Clark Kent).

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They actually have some solid candidates for Wonder Woman in case McLaren passes on the gig, Babadook director Jennifer Kent and Homeland's Lesli Linka Glatter.

McLaren is a great candidate. Hopefully WB won't tie her hands like Marvel did with Alan Taylor on Thor: The Dark World.

There are many competent woman directors who never get a chance to direct a studio movie, let alone a big budget movie. While I'm sure DC is specifically seeking a woman director for PR reasons, I'm happy for any doors it may open.

That's interesting isn't it? That film, film music and concert hall music are still male-dominated worlds. That kind of sucks.

I don't think Leto will play. He passed on Doctor Strange and he doesn't seem interested in comic-book movies. It'll probably be someone else.

That's funny, all I've read about Strange was that he was actively campaigning for the role, but didn't get it.

There are many competent woman directors who never get a chance to direct a studio movie, let alone a big budget movie. While I'm sure DC is specifically seeking a woman director for PR reasons, I'm happy for any doors it may open.

Hollywood is a male-dominated workplace. It's irritating to see promising female directors get passed over for new, less experienced guys. And while getting a female director for a WW movie is definitely a PR move, it just makes sense at least for the first movie.

McLaren is a fantastic choice, as her roster of TV episodes shows, and I think she can get a good performance from Gal Gadot if Zack Snyder can't. McLaren would be perfect for any of WB's upcoming DC movies, not just Wonder Woman. I'll be happy to see her name on the film if she's given room creatively to make a good movie.

• 2 weeks later...

It's official: Michelle McLaren will direct Wonder Woman.

http://www.slashfilm.com/michelle-maclaren-wonder-woman-director/#disqus_thread

She's working closely with the writers (being kept under wraps) to help develop the script, which bodes well.

It's also at the script stage where a movie stands or falls apart.

• 1 month later...

Apparently in addition to Gotham, Flash, Green Arrow, and this upcoming Krypton show, they are also making a Supergirl show

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=124587

CBS Head Talks Supergirl Series, Shoots Down Potential for CW Crossover

Jaden Smith is bound to be weaved in somehow.

I heard Will Smith was instrumental in getting Viola Davis (The Help, "How to Get Away With Murder") on board as Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad. Nepotism involving his kids aside, if you have Will Smith in your corner campaigning for you, that's a good thing.

She's a fantastic actress and perfect for the role.

Am I alone in thinking that a theoretical (or otherwise, depending on the latest news) Justice League movie is gonna bomb in the box office?

I sure hope not.

As for Suicide Squad, who the heck are they gonna cast to go up against Heath Ledger's Joker? I mean, how do you climb higher than Everest?

Am I alone in thinking that a theoretical (or otherwise, depending on the latest news) Justice League movie is gonna bomb in the box office?

I sure hope not.

As for Suicide Squad, who the heck are they gonna cast to go up against Heath Ledger's Joker? I mean, how do you climb higher than Everest?

They're not going to try and out-do Heath. (For one, Leto doesn't look like him.) They're going for a completely different direction... due to Harley's involvement. I don't think Nolan even thought about using her at all.

On the other hand, Margot Robbie's casting as Harley Quinn is spot-on. She LOOKS the part (watch the animated series, she even looks the part without the clown makeup) and the acting to back it up. She can nail the funny and crazy side of the character too.

So can we expect her to refer to her boss as "Mr. J" in the film? (I ask because I haven't gotten a sneak peak at the script yet).

So can we expect her to refer to her boss as "Mr. J" in the film? (I ask because I haven't gotten a sneak peak at the script yet).

I fully expect Robbie's Harley to refer to the Joker as both "Puddin'" and "Mr. J." That's part of her character.

I wonder if this Harley will have her two 'babies' aka pet hyenas along for the ride.

What's Google? What's Yahoo? What's Bing?

Glee is an American television series about high school students with a lot of singing. It's how a lot of young stars and starlets you've never seen or known their names got their start.