The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now they want to change into a comedy a la Deadpool? DC is yielding under the pressure of the critics again. Of course it's lame! They don't believe in their own original idea any more.

This is hilarious. They seriously expected people to take Suicide Squad seriously in a grimdark tone? How is it possible that something with this premise didn't have much "character moments and character interaction"? 

*looks at supes and wonder woman in the previous movie* ...aaaaah

So essentially they marketed it as something cooler than it is (also very different from Deadpool), people liked Deadpool, and there was backlash against choices in BvsS, and then they shat themselves.

Truth be told, the reshoots were ordered back in January, so they are not necessarily some sort of answer to the reception Deadpool and BvS got

7 hours ago, Brónach said:

So essentially they marketed it as something cooler than it is

If they're trying to fit the tone to the trailer, then it seems so.  They want it both ways.  They want to market a "fun-ish" film to reel in the Marvel peeps while also being dark and gritty for their DC crowd.

Like the Tim Burton Batman films. A perfect mix of darkness and humor. Keaton is dark as fuck when he puts on the suit and becomes the bat, but his adventures are still fun, yet they don't treat the material like a joke.

Skrillex debuted a new collaboration with rapper Rick Ross that could be the Suicide Squad Theme Song

~~

DC movies Wonderman up 2 weeks, from June 23 to June 2, 2017.

The shift in release dates means Wonder Woman will no longer be battling Transformers 5 at the box office. Instead, it now shares a release date with Bad Boys 3.

They've also added 2 new DC films to the schedule:

Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019

I'm guessing one is a solo Batman movie and one is a solo Superman movie?

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Here's my full thoughts below.

October 5, 2018

- Suicide Squad sequel

* WB apparently wants to start filming the sequel next year after David Ayer finishes Netflix's Bright.

- Solo Batman movie

* Affleck's agent says that he's already written the script. Plus Affleck's recent batch of movies have done well in October. See Gone Girl, Argo, and Gone Baby Gone. (Plus WB has The Accountant and Live By Night set for October 2016 and 2017, respectively.)

November 1, 2019

- Solo sequel to either Wonder Woman, Man of Steel or even another spot for Affleck's solo Batman film.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Two Michael Bay movies only a week apart?

Joe Carnahan is directing Bad Boys 3. Bay is doing Transformers 5, or whatever crappy subtitle that movie will have.

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

How so? The film is a hit.

If you're only criteria for a hit is a great opening weekend, then sure.  But you, and certainly not Warners/DC, can ignore that it absolutely died after that.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265

2 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

If you're only criteria for a hit is a great opening weekend, then sure.  But you, and certainly not Warners/DC, can ignore that it absolutely died after that.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265

A lot of internet people like to operate under the false notion that because a film made more money than they'll ever see in their lives, it was by default, a "hit".

22 hours ago, Jay said:

6 Most Likely Possibilities For Those Two Newly Announced UNTITLED DC FILMs

It's always been weird to me how much Harley Quinn, a mentally ill murderer, gets fetishized. 

40 minutes ago, Red said:

It's always been weird to me how much Harley Quinn, a mentally ill murderer, gets fetishized. 

Well it's quite simple.  We all crave death, the great release, and want it to be brought about by a hot chick.

Apologies but I don't have time to check and see if this is the same trailer I posted above, or a slightly different new one:

Every movie of this size has reshoots.  I think the idea that the reshoots were a reaction to Batman V. Superman criticism were created specifically as clickbait, or just fanboy speculation.

Yes, "they" is whoever started the rumor.

Reshoots are being done because editing is coming together and stuff is needed to make the movie better.  These reshoot periods are common, especially in huge movies.  The reshoots and dates are built into the actor's contracts.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

The articles you posted, of course. 

The ones that were just talking about rumors, so what you're saying now is worthless.  This tweet I just posted from the film's director is the first "official" word about the reason for the reshoots.