The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

But not aesthetically or stylistically, of course.

Maybe for the best. I liked the look of Snyder's BvS, but I wouldnt want other filmmakers to try and copy that. And if it makes DC's output look a but more individualistic, unlike Marvel, then great!

18 hours ago, mstrox said:

Is there anything in the movie that specifically tethers it to that timeline?  Theoretically it could be unassociated, like The Joaquiner

By the final scene it is quite obvious that it does. It's sort of like Fox's X-Men and Deadpool.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 2:48 AM, dougie said:

Why is Shaq not in this new movie?

What? Ah the kazaam misconception. 

I can still read the old posts and pretend like he's still here. It's like in that episode of Doctor Who where that babe gets eaten in the library and her spacesuit keeps talking after she's dead.

32 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Did he talk politics in spite of the new rules? Or did he leave as to protest the new rules?

Apparently the mods objected to a comment he made in the new Notre Dame thread so he left in a tizzy.

No posts were deleted or altered in any way, no warnings were given whatsoever, sounds like much ado about nothing to me

• 3 weeks later...

Pattinson is an outstanding actor, one of the very best working today without question.

I just am a bit surprised that got him and he even agreed to do it.

This is another one completely out of the left field. Affleck was too. I did not see that coming. And I did not see this one coming.

Apparently Pattison isn't official yet.  He and Nicholas Hoult are on the shortlist.

LOL, I bet Pattison's agent or publicist floated the story that he was officially cast.

Update: A Deadline report suggests that Pattinson has not yet officially been cast in The Batman, but is at the top of the shortlist to play the Caped Crusader, alongside Nicholas Hoult, who recently starred in Tolkien. The outlet reports that Reeves will announce his official casting soon.

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-star-robert-pattinson/

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

LOL, I bet Pattison's agent or publicist floated the story that he was officially cast.

I don't think so. It's not like Pattinson is trying to get big blockbuster projects. Pattinson is an indie character actor now. He is not at all a mainstream actor and is not looking to become one. So I doubt his publicist would spread such rumors about him. I think it just leaked in the press.

1 hour ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Years ago a girl told me I looked like him when I woke up.

A guy working at the airport looked at my passport and said the same thing. Probably because of the paleness :lol: