The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently both Pattinson and Hoult screentested in a previous Batman costume (they didn't say which one, probably Batfleck's) -- and Pattinson's test clinched him the role.

Apparently the smaller films that he did like High Life and Good Time is what drew Reeves to pursue him for the role.

Ooohhhh Cedric Diggory is the new Batman!

54 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Another Brit playing an American hero, JoeinAR.

Judging by his career after The Twilight, he's a better actor than Bale and Affleck combined.

Karol

11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Judging by his career after The Twilight, he's a better actor than Bale and Affleck combined.

Karol

I don't know about Bale, but I'll agree on Affleck.

In the end, it's a career arc that works well for these guys. Find a popular franchise to launch your stardom and find financial security, then spend your time after pursuing projects that land you artistic credibility (Pattinson/Stewart with Twilight, Dakota Johnson with Fifty Shades, Jennifer Lawrence with Hunger Games, etc). Pattison is a good actor, and he's clearly been playing his cards right.

25 minutes ago, KK said:

I don't know about Bale, but I'll agree on Affleck.

In the end, it's a career arc that works well for these guys. Find a popular franchise to launch your stardom and find financial security, then spend your time after pursuing projects that land you artistic credibility (Pattinson/Stewart with Twilight, Dakota Johnson with Fifty Shades, Jennifer Lawrence with Hunger Games, etc). Pattison is a good actor, and he's clearly been playing his cards right.

His performance in Good Time is better than anything Bale has ever done.

I was legit kinda shocked by his performance in Good Time. Even knowing him as a great actor, that is a performance that should have won an academy award.

Pattinson has enormous credibility as a great actor - this some of this resume working with great directors

Cosmopolis by David Cronenberg

Map to the Stars by David Cronenberg

The Rover by David Michod

Queen of the Desert by Werner Herzog

Life by Anton Corbijn

Childhood of a Leader by Brady Corbet

Lost City of Z by James Gray

Good Time by Safdie Brothers

High Life by Claire Denis

The Lighthouse with Robert Eggers

The King with David Michod

Waiting for the Barbarians with Ciro Guerra

All of these are arthouse films and in over half of them he was in a supporting role just playing a character. So he has truly transformed into a character actor. Any many of these films are adventurous and avant guarde and what not.

He's kinda like the male Nicole Kidman/Julianne Moore in the sense that he has leading man looks with real chops and can be either the lead or a character actor.

11 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Pattinson has enormous credibility as a great actor - this some of this resume working with great directors

Cosmopolis by David Cronenberg

Map to the Stars by David Cronenberg

The Rover by David Michod

Queen of the Desert by Werner Herzog

Life by Anton Corbijn

Childhood of a Leader by Brady Corbet

Lost City of Z by James Gray

Good Time by Safdie Brothers

High Life by Claire Denis

The Lighthouse with Robert Eggers

The King with David Michod

Waiting for the Barbarians with Ciro Guerra

Good work, I'm sure but all in vain. Because he's still almost exclusively known for Twilight, and it's the devil's armpits!

I think anyone who works in the industry knows full well that Pattinson is a credible talent. Twilight has certainly not doomed his career. It just made him rich.

I just looked him up, turns out the only things I've ever seen him in are Harry Potter and Water for Elephants.  Can't say I can recall a thing about his acting in either

On 6/5/2019 at 5:11 PM, Alexcremers said:

launter.jpg

They also found Robin ... 

I present to you the magic of Microsoft PowerPoint Background Removal Tool:

robin laut.JPG

On 6/5/2019 at 2:03 AM, Alexcremers said:

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Kristen Stewart shows up as Batgirl.

They've been apart for several years... and she's dating women now. 

• 4 weeks later...

I thought she was great in the role, in all three movies so far.

She’s strong and innocent - her entire performance and aura is very reminiscent of Superman ‘78.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting how the MCU is getting a setback with Sony over the Spider-Man custody battle, and the competition is continuing to strengthen with the cast Gunn is assembling and Muschietti doing The Flash. I'm curious whether Gunn's Squad sequel will be R-rated or stay PG-13 like Ayer's film.