The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, crocodile said:

Is it just me or does this look somewhat more interesting than the first one?

Karol

I didn't even want to watch this trailer because the first one was so plain & dull. I would be surprised if this one is better since it's made by the same people.

16 hours ago, crocodile said:

Is it just me or does this look somewhat more interesting than the first one?

Karol

Looks pretty bland. And WTH was that shot of Diana lassoing lightnings? Does she want to be a mix between Spider-Man and Thor?

Honestly, I'm not all that interested on the 80s setting, which has become very tiresome by now. I would had prefer an Indy-style adventure on the 30s, with Diana visiting exotic temples and battling supernatural gods and monsters.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The same people can't do a better job second time round?

Because the previous one was such a big hit, they probably are not going to deviate all that much from it. Same movie, but with a different wallpaper.

Apparently, the whole plot of Wonder Woman 84 leaked online, much like with Joker (which turned out to be mostly accurate) and Birds of Prey. I read it and, tbh, it was a little lame. Read at your own risk:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/wonder_woman_1984/wonder-woman-1984-the-entire-plot-of-the-dc-comics-sequel-appears-to-have-leaked-online-a172126

Another surprise hit a la Joker incoming?

Margot Robbie’s ‘Birds of Prey’ Tops IMDB’s Most Anticipated Movies of 2020 List

Margot Robbie’s Birds of Prey took the top spot on the list of IMDB’s Most Anticipated Movies of 2020.

Next year’s line-up of superhero films kicks off with Birds of Prey, a DC feature that will see Margot Robbie reprise her role as Harley Quinn for the first time since Suicide Squad. This time, Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn will join forces with Huntress and Black Canary, two iconic Birds of Prey team members from the comics who will be making their first appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Now, IMDB has unveiled its list of Most Anticipated Movies of 2020 and Margot Robbie’s Birds of Prey has taken the top spot this year. Joining Margot Robbie’s Birds of the Prey on the top ten list, which was determined by the actual page views of over 200 million monthly visitors to IMDB, are fellow superheroes films Black Widow and Wonder Woman 1984.

Check out the full list of IMDB’s ost Anticipated Movies of 2020 below!

1. Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog
  3. Top Gun: Maverick
  4. No Time to Die
  5. Black Widow
  6. Mulan
  7. Wonder Woman 1984
  8. Dune
  9. The King’s Man
  10. Fast & Furious 9

Where does Margot Robbie’s Birds of Prey rank on your list of anticipated films? Let us know below!

https://heroichollywood.com/margot-robbie-birds-of-prey-anticipated-movies/

Also: Jesus Christ, next year's batch of movies seems woeful. Aside from Dune and maybe WW84, all of the movies on the list range from "seems pretty meh" to "No way I'm not going to spend my hard earned money to watch this on theaters!".

Except for Villeneuve's Dune, it's a miserable list, and even Dune is not a sure thing (since I only really liked Prisoners). Ah, well, at least it will be eye candy. 

13 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

Godzilla vs Kong not even in the Top 10?!?!

GvK will only come out in november, and for now it has no trailer, no teaser, not even a single picture depicting the two fighting each other... There's only a teaser poster, I guess. So, for now, there's nothing for people to get excited about.

Also, The Eternals will also come out in november and is a MCU movie with a hip and trendy cast (Angelina Jolie, two dudes from Game of Thrones, etc), and still didn't made the list, because it also doesn't have anything to show by now.

13 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Sonic the Hedgehog? Come on.

The Sonic movie is there more because of its meme status. People are enjoying making fun of it since the first images came out, and not because they actually want to watch a Hop remake with Sonic and Jim Carrey. In a way, I guess you can say it got cult status even before release!

Now, if that will translate into big box office numbers, that's a completely different story...

It is kind of a weak tentpole year. 

This is all I have any interest in watching at this point - very few of them in the theater, and several of them only because I have a kid.  I'm sure that list will fill in with smaller movies that nobody's heard of, as reviews and word of mouth spread.

Birds of Prey

Onward

A Quiet Place 2

The New Mutants

No TIme To Die

Trolls World Tour

Black Widow

Wonder Woman 1984

Candyman

Soul

Ghostbusters Afterlife

Tenet

Bill and Ted Face the Music

Halloween Kills

Eternals

WB revealed that Shazam 2 and The Flash will be released in 2022.

Here's the release date for all the announced upcoming DC films:

Birds of Prey: February 7, 2020

Wonder Woman 1984: June 5, 2020

The Batman: June 25, 2021

The Suicide Squad: August 6, 2021

Black Adam: Dec 22, 2021

Shazam! 2: April 1st, 2022

The Flash: July 1st, 2022

Aquaman 2: December 16, 2022

Indeed.

I love the Green Lantern Corps comics, and always wanted to see them properly adapted for the big screen. If done right, it could be WB's own Star Wars. 

Apparently, Geoff Johns (who wrote my favorite run of the Corps) is expected to deliver a script to WB until the end of the year, so yeah, hope springs eternal :)

Now it's official: Birds of Prey have been Rated R for "strong violence and language throughout, and some sexual and drug material."

EL2tQaKW4AQ9Ye7.jpg

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/birds_of_prey/birds-of-prey-the-fantabulous-emancipation-of-one-harley-quinn-gets-an-official-r-rating-a172275

Well, I believe in Matt Reeves, I'm curious to see R-Patz as Batsy and I like the cast they assembled so far. Also, I think Nolan's "dark and realistic" tone got tiresome really quickly, and TDKR is a pretty idiotic movie when you think about it. So yeah, I have trust in Reeves, for now.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Stefancos said:

Leto was hated. Phoenix probably has no interest in reprising the role.

He is interested if Todd Phillips makes a sequel to Joker

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ewan McGregor is playing The Joker in this movie?

No, he'll be another villain from the Batman/Gotham City lore, the Black Mask

Resultado de imagem para black mask comics

But from the pics I saw from McGregor, I got the impression that he is giving a Jared-Leto-as-Joker-ish performance. I hope that's not true.

Of course there's going to be a sequel to Joker. It is going to be the biggest payday for both Philips and Phoenix. Philips already made 100 million dollars from Joker.

So but of course there's going to be a sequel.

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Isn't he supposed to be fat?

The most recent live action Penguin, that younger viewers may know better than the Danny De Vito performance, was from the Gotham TV show, on which he was (I think) one of the main villains. And he was far from being fat on that show:

Resultado de imagem para the penguin gotham

Colin Farrell as Penguin is very cool casting in theory.  But with all these villains being announced for the film, I'm not really sure what this is going to be.

Will he be in a fat suit with crazy prosthetics?  Are they going a more "realistic" route?  Who knows!

https://ew.com/movies/2020/01/07/the-batman-director-matt-reeves-confirms-colin-farrell-cast-penguin/

SUICIDE SQUAD Director David Ayer Was Offered The Sequel; Shares Update On GOTHAM CITY SIRENS

During a panel for Fox's Deputy at the Television Critics Association press tour, Suicide Squad director David Ayer addressed his role in the DC Extended Universe moving forward and confirmed that with Birds of Prey on the way, his planned Gotham City Sirens movie (which would have included Catwoman and Poison Ivy) has been put on hold for the time being. 

"No, I think it’s on pause," he told journalists in attendance a little earlier today. 

The subject of James Gunn's The Suicide Squad was also briefly touched on and Ayer, who has supported the director's plans on social media, claimed that he could have been the one to take the helm of the next instalment of the franchise. "I had a chance to do it, but I went another way," he says.

Gunn's movie will be a reboot of sorts with some links to the previous instalment (mostly just the characters, it seems), but even if he doesn't get his hands on Task Force X again, Ayer seems confident that he'll get to take charge of another comic book adaptations somewhere down the line. 

"I love the world creation of it and I love the power of the IP and the fans. It’s dangerous. It’s like juggling chainsaws, but I am drawn to it and it’s definitely an arena I’ll play in again."

Needless to say, the man who declared "F**k Marvel!" at the Suicide Squad world premiere probably won't be offered a job by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios in the near future...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/gotham_city_sirens/suicide-squad-director-david-ayer-was-offered-the-sequel-shares-update-on-gotham-city-sirens-a172579

Birds of Prey are still coming, but with Leto now doing some whatever movie for Sony and Gotham City Sirens put on hold, I guess that's the end of the road for Suicide Squads spin offs.

I'm as sad with it as John Williams when Daisy Ridley shows up on a Star Wars recording session.