The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

They were smart. The same week as Venom and Joker launched, with huge success. 

I can see the month of October becoming another prime release date for comic book blockbusters.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

They were smart. The same week as Venom and Joker launched, with huge success. 

I can see the month of October becoming another prime release date for comic book blockbusters.

Marvel Studios booked a spot on October 7, 2022 on the same day that Joker hit $1 billion worldwide. 

The Batman will clean up big time.

10 hours ago, Matt C said:

The Batman will clean up big time.

Those words might be more prophetic than you think. Hopefully we'll have a vaccine by then.

"Superman: The Animated Series" is the best interpretation of the character IMO.

The Reeve movies don't do anything for me, nor "Smallville" or the Tyler Hoechlin version. Too bad Snyder's version didn't take more cues from the Dini animated series because the casting was on point.

I think if you try to psycho analyse Superman the character falls apart. 

Snyder said they wanted to explore the Why of Superman. And that is where their portrayal failed.

Just have him do action stuff and you are golden.

Trying to tear apart Superman's character isn't the problem, since there's ways of doing that in an intriguing fashion. The issue more comes from the manner in which they attempted it, which really made him even more of a divisive figure than he already was. Ideas are one thing, but execution is where it really ought to count.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for Henry Cavill fans:

SUPERGIRL Movie Rumored To Be On Hold As Warner Bros. Eyes A Return For SUPERMAN

After reports the Man of Steel's franchise has been put on ice in preference of a Supergirl movie, a new rumor claims plans have changed inside Warner Bros. headquarters, and that Superman will return!

Heroic Hollywood reports that Warner Bros. is no longer moving forward with the Supergirl movie which was first rumored to be in development last year. At the time, it was said that the studio wanted to shift the focus away from Superman, and would do so by prioritising his cousin instead. 

Fans responded negatively, and demanded that Henry Cavill be given another shot of the Man of Steel.

Instead of the Supergirl movie featuring Brainiac as the lead antagonist (it was even rumored to be set in the 1970s), Warner Bros, is now focusing on Superman again. The site doesn't get any more specific than that, but it could be that they're planning to go back to the drawing board with the Man of Steel as there have been reports that Michael B. Jordan has pitched a Superman film. 

Alternatively, they could look at bringing Cavill back into the fold as the English actor has expressed interest multiple times in playing Superman again despite rumored contractual disputes.

A Supergirl TV series currently airs on The CW, while a Superman TV show titled Superman & Lois is expected to join it once work on the Arrowverse series is able to resume. Delays caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic have halted all work taking place in the Vancouver area. 

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman/supergirl-movie-rumored-to-be-on-hold-as-warner-bros-eyes-a-return-for-superman-a175180

At least now they should bring a director that understands and loves the character, instead of Zack the Hack.

1 hour ago, TheUlyssesian said:

They are. That entire photoshoot is.

But Pattinson is a good actor.

I thought, "Pattinson must have a REALLY good phone to do these pics."

Then I saw he was holding a Nikon.

3 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Those articles are so pretentious. 

They are.

But I just love how off-the-wall he is. The press junkets for the movie next fall should be intriguing.

Bruce Wayne doesn't necessarily need to be buff. The suit did that for actors in the past and possibly for him. He looks to be built rather like a typical Hollyweird female celebrity, on a diet of Special K and tuna(?). Sounds disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Maybe he's just keeping his weight down until they're ready to resume filming in another year or more?

Maybe it doesn't have to take this long for them to resume filming:

The Batman, The Witcher & More May Resume Production in the UK

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1134771-the-batman-the-witcher-more-may-resume-production-in-the-uk

:(

THE BATMAN Remains On Hold In The UK Despite Recent Lifting Of COVID-19 Restrictions

The UK recently lifted restrictions to allow productions to get back to work in the country, but Warner Bros. is holding off on resuming filming on the likes of The Batman and Fantastic Beasts 3...

Following the news that Warner Bros. is laying out plans to resume work on The Matrix 4, a new report from Deadline sheds some light on what's happening in the UK with The Batman and Fantastic Beasts 3. Unfortunately, it's not good news for either one of those movies right now. 

While the country has lifted restrictions which will now allow work to resume on both films and TV shows, it seems Warner Bros. is holding off (presumably because of ongoing safety concerns). 

"Deadline hears that Warner Bros.’ London productions such as The Batman and Fantastic Beasts 3, remain on hiatus." In other words, they're not going to start shooting any time soon, and that's probably because there's a lot of uncertainty in the UK about whether the Government has started sending people back to work too soon and the ramifications which come with that.

A studio like this one will want to make sure that the cast and crew are 100% safe, as it would be a disaster for COVID-19 to make its way through a production like The Batman. 

For now, we're just going to have to wait and see what happens as there's so much uncertainty surrounding, well, everything. With any luck, the studio is plotting out how work can resume on these movies, because The Batman has already been pushed from next June to October due to the pandemic.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/the_batman/the-batman-remains-on-hold-in-the-uk-despite-recent-lifting-of-covid-19-restrictions-a175317

The most eagerly anticipated comic book movie after Endgame is riding a bumpy road to theaters.

3 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

He's naturally big and broad. And he's taller than Cavill. So its imaginable Cavill would feel that way. Ben was also in good shape no doubt. But they still used CGI.

I thought they used foam padding to bulk him out.

39 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

I thought they used foam padding to bulk him out.

They did that too. Hollywood is full of tricks.

Don't believe what you see on screen kids.

And not only that, almost all stunts were done by a stuntman. Except the close-ups stuff where they need the actor in shot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 9:01 PM, Edmilson said:

And here's a detailed look on the new Batmobile:

"The Batman" batmobile by Concept Model Maker Jeff Frost.

Cool! Reminds me of my favorite Matchbox car from my childhood days.

12 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I don't consider the Tumbler a Batmobile, do you? They don't even call it that! It's ugly. 

It's a tank, utilitarian and more practical. Fit Nolan's vision for the character like a glove.

Burton's Batmobile is certainly more stylish, but less practical.

39 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Am I the only one that oddly enjoyed Batman v Superman?

I enjoyed parts of it, but the script needed to be condensed and refined before shooting. And it needed some of that playfulness from "World's Finest"/The Batman Superman Movie

I know people give that movie grief about "Martha", but length is a big problem with most of Snyder's movies. Man of Steel could've been trimmed by 10-15 minutes.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I'm gonna guess yes.

May I ask, in all seriousness, what you enjoyed about that soul-deadening train wreck?

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I enjoyed it more than my spouse, although I wasn't huge on it.  I'm intrigued by Dear Departed Stefan's recommendation of the extended edition as a better piece overall, but I know there's no chance in hell that I could convince my spouse to watch it again, alternate cut or no.  She has a Batman tattoo on her back, and Snyder made her not want to watch Batman movies!  She refuses Justice League based on MoS and BvS.

I don't think I'll be able to have an opinion on the Batmobile until I see it lit and in action on film.  My heart will always be Burton's on this one, but I had no problems with Nolan's Tumbler in the movie, regardless of how dumb it looked in promotional shots.