The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

Ramping up the edginess, or the teen angstyness?

It's a hollow approximation of edginess. So the latter.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the point of view.

They painted the character as someone scary at first, instead of someone scary after the fact.

And they played it like in the comics after years of stories, instead of like they just met.

I'm not fond of Leto's Joker look. Yeah, he'll be in his purple suit for the majority of the suit, but the forehead tattoo... unnecessary. The 'ha's tattooed on his clavicle and left pec would be something Ledger's Joker would do. The big smile tattoo on his hand is a nice touch though.

Maybe I'm just not used to it, but now I'm dreading what Ayer has planned for Harley Quinn.

Maybe I'm just not used to it, but now I'm dreading what Ayer has planned for Harley Quinn.

+1 I find the way she was in the animated series to be her most cute. Other different representations seem to miss a bit the point.

Will they do the Harley/Ivy thing? I like the idea of her relationship with Mr J being obviously absusive and her ending up with Ivy instead.

I didn't realize that. So you're saying it's more popular than Nolan's Batman and that people demand DC comics to make their movies modelled after the 'Pow and Bang' show from the Sixties? Interesting ... but somehow I don't believe it. I think most people just laugh for the cheese factor.

Alex

Just look at the comments. People complain if the ears are too long, or too short, or that villain has one tattoo too much. What do you think they'll say when they see Adam West in his old costume?

Alex

Nice to hear some love for the real Batman in this thread. I put together my own West bat suit. Here are some pics of me at my local Children's Museum:

a0yufo.jpg

2e19jld.jpg

29ogaxz.jpg

Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar will reprise their roles in a new animated film. Obviously there's demand!

God, Julie Newmar. How many young lads did she spring into sexual awakenings?

That Joker looks like something Jared Leto might come up with, but I wouldn't expect any less from someone that is consciously responsible by the aberration that is 30 seconds to Mars

Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar will reprise their roles in a new animated film. Obviously there's demand!

God, Julie Newmar. How many young lads did she spring into sexual awakenings?

I bet that's what most of her fan mail consists of.

Black Widow's been in 5, and Hawkeye in 4 - and still no standalone movie planned.

(I'm counting Civil War for both of them)