The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mask of the Phantasm had much better script than any of 1989-1997 films. I like the second one but for reason that have nothing to do with comic books or Batman.

Karol

Still haven't warmed up to TDKR. Has good parts, but it just doesn't come together very well in the end.

Still haven't warmed up to TDKR. Has good parts, but it just doesn't come together very well in the end.

But before the ending, it's rather good, as in, I care for the Bats and Bruce Wayne.

I like the Suicide Squad pics. I have no problem with DC making their asthetic more extreme or comic-booky as opposed to grounded. I just would prefer the movies to be good. I didn't care for Man of Steel, but hopefully it will turn around.

I have no problem with DC making their asthetic more extreme or comic-booky as opposed to grounded.

You mean 'realistic', right? DC goes for 'realistic comic booky' while Marvel goes for 'Fantasy comic booky'.

Right?

I have no problem with DC making their asthetic more extreme or comic-booky as opposed to grounded.

You mean 'realistic', right? DC goes for 'realistic comic booky' while Marvel goes for 'Fantasy comic booky'.

Right?

I'm was referring to Earth-based human characters. Stark, Widow, Banner, and Cap all wear fairly regular street clothes when off duty. Their uniforms/armor look like they're based in modern techology (fairly impractical, but that's a given in any comic movie). All of the Earth-based settings look fairly realistic as well. All of the Suicide Squad shots (all Earth-based human characters except Croc) thus far look like they'll have a much more stylized look, consistent with Zack Snyder's style (as much as I've disliked many of his movies, he has a visual flair).

Thor/Loki/Groot/Gamora/Rocket/Starlord etc obviously are a different category.

Right?

I'm was referring to Earth-based human characters. Stark, Widow, Banner, and Cap all wear fairly regular street clothes when off duty. Their uniforms/armor look like they're based in modern techology (fairly impractical, but that's a given in any comic movie). All of the Earth-based settings look fairly realistic as well. All of the Suicide Squad shots (all Earth-based human characters except Croc) thus far look like they'll have a much more stylized look, consistent with Zack Snyder's style (as much as I've disliked many of his movies, he has a visual flair).

So you were talking about the style. Actually, MOS wasn't very 'stylized', it was fairly conventional, even going for realistic (that was the goal anyway). I don't see why you would object to it.

Right?

So you were talking about the style. Actually, MOS wasn't very 'stylized', it was fairly conventional, even going for realistic (that was the goal anyway). I don't see why you would object to it.

I don't object to it.