The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

4 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I assumed once Keaton was involved that there would be some cross-dimensional thing at play.  I haven't seen Justice League, but isn't there some hint in BvS or JL that this is the case as well?  Like The Flash popping up and blipping out of existence again?

Yes.

Some quotes from Vanity Fair (which broke the story first) about Affleck's involvement. 

“His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong, which is his masculinity—because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline —but he’s also very vulnerable,” Muschietti said in an interview. “He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance.”

Affleck got the script at the end of last week and agreed this week to join the project.

“He’s a very substantial part of the emotional impact of the movie. The interaction and relationship between Barry and Affleck’s Wayne will bring an emotional level that we haven’t seen before,” the director added. "It’s Barry’s movie, it’s Barry’s story, but their characters are more related than we think. They both lost their mothers to murder, and that’s one of the emotional vessels of the movie. That’s where the Affleck Batman kicks in.”

“I’m glad to be collaborating with someone who has been on both sides of the camera, too,” Muschietti said. “He understands.”

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Great, a Flash movie with two versions of Batman played by a 70 year old Michael Keaton and disgraced Ben Affleck. Just what everyone wanted.

I thought you liked Batfleck in BvS.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:34 PM, mstrox said:

I assumed once Keaton was involved that there would be some cross-dimensional thing at play.  I haven't seen Justice League, but isn't there some hint in BvS or JL that this is the case as well?  Like The Flash popping up and blipping out of existence again?

Flashpoint itself is an alternate timeline, so it makes sense I guess.

How is it possible... Holy shit, how do you make Batman like this? If you thought Nolan was too depressing, how about a Bruce Wayne that looks like shit and a deranged meth addict? 

Pass. 

Also, barf. 

Batman isn't supposed to look like Scarecrow. 

I'm very thankful for these kinds of movies.

Because I can't stand the overworked look of the Hobbit, but then, looking at this conglomerate of bad CGI, shitty lighting, blurring, unnatural animation, and perverse grading that makes everything look like claymation, I can proudly say The Hobbit is like Kubrick compared to this hazy blur that looks like someone jizzed on the film for 3 hours. 

The teaser for The Batman leaked. Not going to link it until official HQ, but it looks grittier than Nolan's films.

I was hoping for a more fantastical approach, but one or two villains look straight out of a Rob Zombie flick. (One guy gets the shit kicked out of him by Battison.) And speaking of which, not digging Pattinson's Bruce Wayne look. 

Batman looks great. Hoping they don't go overboard and make it into a messy nightmare. I love the casting too, Jeffery Wright as Gordon, Pattinson doesn't look too bad, and I'm glad they're not showing too much of him in trailers.

- The Batman looks like Gotham The TV series but I guess this is what some of you have wanted for a long time. I've noticed that Pattinson needs to punch his adversaries a whole lot more than Affleck's Batman. Extra violence to attract the Gruesome crowd?

- Snyder's Justice League looks better than Whedon's Justice League. The 'teaser' is much too long though. It shows ... everything.

41 minutes ago, AC1 said:

I've noticed that Pattinson needs to punch his adversaries a whole lot more than Affleck's Batman. Extra violence to attract the Gruesome crowd?

I've never supported this type of violence. The pre-Nolan movies featured murder and guns (but then, so did the Nolans), but the hand-to-hand combat was along the lines of the Indiana Jones series. The Batman brutally beating that guy in this preview for no reason looked like an Antifa video from Portland on FOX News. 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Wonder Woman 2, Snyder's Justice League, The Batman .... why release these 3 trailers at the same time? What's the strategy? 

this weekend is “dc fandome,” a virtual comiccon-like convention dedicated to dc comics

36 minutes ago, mstrox said:

this weekend is “dc fandome,” a virtual comiccon-like convention dedicated to dc comics

So it's not because of world domination?

2 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

So Giacchino's Batman theme was based on that Nirvana song.

I don't think we've heard the theme yet, just whatever was in that teaser.

9 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

4:3? Looks like a Joss Whedon decision.

Snyder shot JL in 1.85 because he liked how the IMAX scenes looked in BvS. Everything else he’s shot in 2.40 anamorphic.

3 hours ago, AC1 said:

Wonder Woman 2, Snyder's Justice League, The Batman .... why release these 3 trailers at the same time? What's the strategy? 

Trying to divert your attention from any one of them individually looking like shit. 

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

I don't think we've heard the theme yet, just whatever was in that teaser.

The underlying arrangement in this trailer seems to be derived from the teaser music.

4 minutes ago, KK said:

The underlying arrangement in this trailer seems to be derived from the teaser music.

I know that, but I don't think that's the main theme, or a theme at all - kind of like the rhythmic figure in Rey's Theme.

I watched all four trailers. None of them look very interesting to me.  I guess the Justice League one looks fun at least 

Can anyone explain why they keep making Batman films? Is there anything fresh or original that can actually be done with that character now?

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can anyone explain why they keep making Batman films? Is there anything fresh or original that can actually be done with that character now?

Yes! Thank you! I feel exactly the same.

Bury this character and then make a new movie in 30 years.

4 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Yes! Thank you! I feel exactly the same.

Bury this character and then make a new movie in 30 years.

I love BATMAN but could do without yet ANOTHER reboot origin story.

To me, he's a classic character , like Sherlock Holmes and James Bond.

I hope they never stop reinterpreting him!

There's a lot from the comics that haven't appeared in the movies yet. Stuff like the Batfamily, Damian Wayne, Red Hood, the Court of the Owls, Azazel... There's a lot of good stuff in there thaat could be in a decent film. 

However, Matt Reeves' movie apparently is exploring stuff that other movies already touched upon. Still, the cast is good, the team behind the cameras is great, it's enough to keep me hyped.