The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Batman V Superman is coming to 4K.

Apparently, “the film will feature a new color grade supervised by Snyder, and it will feature a new aspect ratio presentation that will shift from 2.35 to 1.43 for the film’s IMAX sequences.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

So Batman V Superman is coming to 4K.

Apparently, “the film will feature a new color grade supervised by Snyder, and it will feature a new aspect ratio presentation that will shift from 2.35 to 1.43 for the film’s IMAX sequences.

What? I've already got the 4K disc.

1 hour ago, The Big Man said:

What? I've already got the 4K disc.

Well, here’s your chance to buy it again.

Comicbook.com reports that “the movie's initial 4K release was a clumsy, upconverted version of the Blu-ray, and ended up having some quality issues not present in the standard Blu-ray.

Snyder was quoted saying that “BvS happened because we had noticed that there was a color mistake in one of the releases of Batman v Superman. We just looked into it and I was like, 'Hey, what happened?' I guess it's a technical snafu but I was like, 'This is a great opportunity for us to go back and fix it’”.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:54 PM, Jay said:

It's so heartening to know that in 2021 we're finally getting the four hour, six chapter, 1.33 aspect ratio, "timeline at the bottom of the screen" featuring, Jared Leto appearing, black costume Superman wearing Justice League that Zack Snyder originally envisioned five years ago. 

Artistic 👏 Inegrity 👏 Still 👏 Matters

44 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Well, here’s your chance to buy it again.

Comicbook.com reports that “the movie's initial 4K release was a clumsy, upconverted version of the Blu-ray, and ended up having some quality issues not present in the standard Blu-ray.

Snyder was quoted saying that “BvS happened because we had noticed that there was a color mistake in one of the releases of Batman v Superman. We just looked into it and I was like, 'Hey, what happened?' I guess it's a technical snafu but I was like, 'This is a great opportunity for us to go back and fix it’”.

Eh whatever. It's not worth it.

Just now, AC1 said:

Really? Look at the choice of costume and actor. This is not far removed from Monty Python's Bicycle Repairman:

MV5BYzU1OGFmNzEtZDViMy00N2YwLWFhYjktY2Yx

Oh I never said the Burton film would have been any good. 

JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 & 3 Full Plot Synopses Reveal Zack Snyder's Amazing, Ambitious, And Crazy Plans For The DCEU

Spoiler alert: by the end of JL 2, Darkseid wins and our heroes must go back in time on the third movie to stop that from happening, which is a little similar to the Avengers... but of course this was written years before Infinity War, right?

58 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Spoiler alert: by the end of JL 2, Darkseid wins and our heroes must go back in time on the third movie to stop that from happening, which is a little similar to the Avengers... but of course this was written years before Infinity War, right?

Latest Andy GIFs | Gfycat

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 & 3 Full Plot Synopses Reveal Zack Snyder's Amazing, Ambitious, And Crazy Plans For The DCEU

If that is real then I’m so glad that didn’t happen. Sounds terrible and even more convoluted than all the previous entries 

By the end of JL 2? Third movie?

I thought Snyder’s original vision was that this was supposed to be a two part movie, not three.

Also, why does the Snyder cut of JL have to end on a cliffhanger at all?

I mean, I get that he wants to release his cut as close to as originally intended (which in itself is horsesh*t because I’m sure he’s changed a million things given that he makes the movie in perfect hindsight of whatever people were disappointed with in Whedon’s version), but I hate the idea of watching a movie and then have it end at an unresolved cliffhanger.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I saw that too. Lol. If it is better than the mediocre crap they put out after forcing a re-edit and reshoots then they'd hate to be proven wrong twice. I'm not convinced it would be better, but if the reshoot ratio is anywhere near what it ended up being for Justice League, then perhaps it could.

It looks far more fun and a little more coherent than the original attempt at this group, but nothing groundbreaking in here. Should be fine I suppose

Character posters:

Idris Elba as Bloodsport

pistoleiro_cchkZXV.jpg

John Cena as the Peacemaker

pacificador.jpg

Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2:

ratcatcher.jpg

Michael Rooker as Savant:

savant.jpg

Viola Davis as Amanda Waller:

amanda-waller_gTwkAWF.jpg

Sean Gunn as Weasel:

weasel.jpg

1 hour ago, Romão said:

This trend of making self aware, ridiculous on purpose, making fun of superhero tropes has gotten old really fast

I think 'Mystery Men' did it better than any of them.