The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

8 hours ago, AC1 said:

Has this been posted already?

Pure aesthetically, I'm not feeling it. It looks like that TV show.

I have that very same feeling... Maybe there's something with the lighting or possibly the way the trailer is edited.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

I'm not sure what to thnk about Giacchino's Bat-theme. It sounds a lot like the Batfleck theme Zimmer wrote for BvS. 

I think it sounds like a mix of that + Vader. It does seem to work tbh, just wondering how it will hold up when he needs to let loose. As of now it is more of a build up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Not even ROAD TO PERDITION?

That's the one I don't like. Too pretentious! ;)

I love Sam Mendes but Road To Perdition is his Alien³.  No really, I'm literally geting the same vibe from this movie and I don't like it. 

1 hour ago, Drawgoon said:

Black Adam looks like it could be an exciting new gig for James Newton Howard. He is not currently involved but since the director worked with him on Jungle Cruise this year (last year?), there could be a chance!

I would love for Howard to do this film. But I think the is quite busy with Willow. But who knows. Would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Not in the last 10 years or so, which is bonkers because when I regularly read comics I used to be all about DC and very not into Marvel.  Zack Snyder beat it out of me.  I’ve liked all the non-Snyder ones I’ve seen though (haven’t seen Aquaman or WW84 yet).  I’m hopeful about this one given the director.

Shrug - while I’ve pivoted in comics away from superheroes in general because of the enormous, expensive, and overly complicated events that seem to eat up months out of every year, I can show you the several longboxes in my basement as proof of DC fan-hood.  

Do those Snyder fans you cite as “true DC fans” really dig DC Superhero Girls comics, or spend a lot of time reading pre-Crisis silliness?  Those are equally valid DC products.  I’d caution you not to think of fans of anything as a monolith.  That’s gatekeeping nonsense.  The old fogey who only likes Golden Age Superman comics is a true DC fan, and the kids who like the all-ages stuff are true DC fans, and the Snyder YouTube Crew are true DC fans, and people who dug B:TAS or the Burton movies but not much else are true DC fans, etc. etc.

The two guys who own/work at my comic shop are both avowed DC fans above anything else comics-wise and they are sharply divided on the Snyder issue - one severely YouTube-video-level pro-Snyder, and one who hated Snyder’s movies. Thankfully I’m removed from that discourse/discord at the moment because all my subs fall outside of it, but I see enough of it on their Facebooks to know it.

I consider myself a DC fan. But the films have been hit or miss.

Just because you’re a fan doesn’t mean that you blindly like everything.

Batman has been so overexposed - actually since ‘89 - that I just can’t gear up much excitement. It doesn’t really look that different from the 100 other versions of Batman that we’ve gotten through the years. I’ll check it out when it comes though, but I doubt I’ll buy the 4K.

• 3 weeks later...