The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Gonna divide it into 2 parts. 

Really, Alex? Better to divide it into one part, and get it over with.

On 28/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, AC1 said:

Are there no fans of DC anymore?

In December, 1978, I was the biggest DC fan, ever.

5 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Never thought I'd see a time when superhero flicks were going for the sort of runtimes more associated with historical epics.  

Indeed. Since 2018 we had:

Avengers: Infinity War - 2h30m

Avengers Endgame - 3h01m

Wonder Woman 1984 - 2h30m

Zack Snyder Justice League - 4h00m (!)

Eternals - 2h38m

Spider-Man No Way Home - 2h30m

And now this Batman movie that has roughly the same runtime as Fellowship of the Ring. sigh

Joss Whedon has defended himself from accusations of unprofessional behavior on Justice League:

In an interview with NY Magazine (via Jumbled Beats on Twitter), Joss Whedon broke his silence on the Justice League reshoots, claiming that in regards to the film’s cast, he never worked with a “ruder group of people,” while also writing off Gal Gadot’s claims. Along with that, he also called out fans of Zack Snyder for what he sees as an opportunity to turn the film’s cast and the rest of the internet against him in order to defend the original vision of the film. He finished his interview with the following quote:

“The beginning of the internet raised me up, and the modern internet pulled me down. The perfect symmetry is not lost on me.”

https://heroichollywood.com/joss-whedon-justice-league-opens-up-reshoots/

16 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Indeed. Since 2018 we had:

Avengers: Infinity War - 2h30m

Avengers Endgame - 3h01m

Wonder Woman 1984 - 2h30m

Zack Snyder Justice League - 4h00m (!)

Eternals - 2h38m

Spider-Man No Way Home - 2h30m

And now this Batman movie that has roughly the same runtime as Fellowship of the Ring. sigh

Of these, I've seen the Avengers and Spidey flicks ... Infinity War and No Way Home's runtimes weren't a problem overall, but Endgame's felt indulgent and unearned. 

I thought Endgame had a nice pacing and the movie didn't feel overlong to me. Maybe it's because it's clearly divided in three parts:

-The first hour of movie covers the Avengers' grief over their defeat and the preparations for their plan to revert Thanos' snap.

-The second hour covers the Time Heist

-The third hour is devoted to the final battle against Thanos and the resolutions for the main characters.

On 17/01/2022 at 4:23 PM, Edmilson said:

37 minutes ago, AC1 said:

All this from the man who actually admits to writing ALIEN RESSURECTION.

25 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

All this from the man who actually admits to writing ALIEN RESSURECTION.

I sure hope he admitted that. Such a great script for a great movie.

Alien: Resurrection forever!!!!

Cat's reaction seems legit if it's all as gloomy as that initial trailer made it look. 

I'm not expecting a return to the tone of the 60s TV show or anything, but at least the Nolan trilogy had the likes of Bond/Q-esque banter between Bruce and Lucius Fox.  

On 19/01/2022 at 2:56 AM, mstrox said:

Damn Bruce Marshall did your cat get invited to a test screening?

Yes.

I wisely stayed home

It isn't really three hours.

Twenty minutes are taken up by credits, half of which are product sponsors

Has anyone been watching Peacemaker on HBO Max? Four out of eight episodes are out so far. Personally, I am really enjoying it. It’s far better than any of the Marcel shows IMO. James Gunn is the showrunner.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter has been watching old DC cartoons and playing Lego DC Super Villains, and I have come to the conclusion that Harley Quinn is the worst, most stupid and annoying character in all comic book media.  I don’t understand her popularity and I want her to go away.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

My daughter has been watching old DC cartoons and playing Lego DC Super Villains, and I have come to the conclusion that Harley Quinn is the worst, most stupid and annoying character in all comic book media.  I don’t understand her popularity and I want her to go away.

It's Margot Robbie man... What more is need for people to love her?

Otherwise yeah I agree with you

• 3 weeks later...

WB has changed the dates of three of their upcoming DCEU flicks

Black Adam October 21, 2022 (no change)

Shazam 2 June 2, 2023 -> December 16, 2022
The Flash  November 4, 2022 -> June 23, 2023
Aquaman 2 December 16, 2022 -> March 17, 2023

Blue Beetle August 18, 2023 (no change)

So they're dropping Shazam 2 the same day as Avatar 2, and The Flash the week before Indiana Jones 5

Geniuses.....

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

So they're dropping Shazam 2 the same day as Avatar 2, and The Flash the week before Indiana Jones 5

Geniuses.....

:lol:

I doubt Shazam will stick to its December release date, though. WB isn't crazy enough to drop a big budget movie on the very same day as a Disney blockbuster... Is it?

Did anyone here catch all seasons of Titans?

When I saw S1, I thought it was really good.

I was looking forward to S2, but when it came out I thought it was ok but kind of meandering.

I am trying to get through S3, but it’s a real slog. I’m halfway through at the moment. I’ll push through but only have it on if I’m doing anything else at get same time.

If/when S4 comes out, I’m not sure I’ll even start.

Thoughts from any fellow viewer?

• 2 weeks later...

Shazam director posted on Instagram that at some point in his career he wanted to make a Superman movie, but gave up on the idea after seeing the fans' reaction to The Last Jedi:

6yoy0blqh9q81.png

• 2 weeks later...

From the original theatrical Justice League, apparently only Gadot's Wonder Woman and Momoa's Aquaman remain.

Affleck gave up on Batman, Ray Fisher will never come near another WB character again, Miller has gone on a rampage, and Cavill... I'd love to think he's still Superman, but I don't see  that happening.