La-La Land Black Friday 2014 (Announced Nov 28, for sale Dec 2nd)

Jay

OK. Time to get this LLL Batman release. I missed them last time. I am sort of glad I waited even though I did not know there would be something like this. :P

Why? It's a great release either way. You can sell your copy of both for enough money to pay for the new set, and the new set has better sound AND better artwork. What's not to like?

Who would like to buy them?

Someone who has both or only Batman, would like to buy the new set for improved sound, and someone who has only Batman Returns will still buy this set for Batman.

So, I'm stuck too with batman Returns that I already have.

Oooooo Enterprise. If it's still around January 3rd I'll pick it up. My check next month is practically gone after bills and Christmas.

I also may end up having to get the Batman set with what Jay said about it....

I'm excited about a better Batman. I didn't have any complaints about their last release, but to think it sounds even better is something to look forward to. 89 Batman is way too iconic a film score to be out of print in complete form. Can't wait to pick it up again. I imagine I will buy everything except for Enterprise set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sold on the Batman set just knowing that it has the complete Batwing 1 cue. I do have the Elfman/Burton set with this on it, but I want it on the same disc! So for that and the upgraded sound I'll happily sell my old copies.

Looking forward to Big Top Pee Wee. I'll probably order Batman (again) later down the road. It'll be based on the response to the remastered sound and if it's still around for LLL next discount sale (assuming there will be another sale).

I'm sold on the Batman set just knowing that it has the complete Batwing 1 cue. I do have the Elfman/Burton set with this on it, but I want it on the same disc! So for that and the upgraded sound I'll happily sell my old copies.

Hate to break it to you but at 31 seconds it's the same time stamp as the previous release so it doesn't have the unused ending. So it could be the same.

Although I checked the time stamp for the version on the Elfman / Burton set which has the unused ending for "Batwing I" it's also 31 seconds.

Maybe it's 31 seconds no the previous release because it fades out and adds a couple of seconds of silence. So hopefully this new version will have the unused ending.

Batman set looks pretty bitchin'. While it still isn't properly framed (though I guess it never has been on the majority of the paraphernalia), the iconic poster art has until now been reserved only for the Prince album.

These are all up for sale now

Ordered Shaft and Big Top Pee Wee, and added Blue Max to the order as well since it's down to 175 copies.

Will grab Batman/Returns in the future when I have more spending cash. Christmas presents take precedence now!

Wow! Batman really sounds different to that 2010 set. Certainly worth upgrading. The disappointing sound is the only reason I'm not listening to that release. I believe my sister is getting me this for Christmas anyway, so I'm sorted.

I myself bought The Passion of the Christ and Shaft.

Note: If anyone wants either or both LLL Batman editions, let me know.

Karol

These are all up for sale now

Ordered Shaft and Big Top Pee Wee, and added Blue Max to the order as well since it's down to 175 copies.

Will grab Batman/Returns int he future when I have more spending cash. Christmas presents take precedence now!

Do you think Batman won't sell out quickly?

I can't afford it right now too..

I would sell my Batman Returns, but I'm afraid in case I lose this too (in case the Batman set goes OOP before I buy it)

Signed copies on Passion, Shaft and Enterprise are all sold out!
Will be back with order range later
Back to the orders!
Thanks again for another stellar Black Friday release day!
Best
MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=107041&forumID=1&archive=0

Massively busy here. A heartfelt thank you to Mr Arnold, Mr Debney and the Enterprise composers for signing hundreds of these bad boys for their respective projects.

I do have the final numbers for Passion autographs right now

Order #'s 91786 - to 92380 ending at 1:21:08 pm pst

Will be back tomorrow with the Shaft and Trek numbers

Debney signed 250 copies.

His hand died and resurrected?

All to the tune of Miklós Rózsa's music?

I wonder how Descent Into Mystery sounds? I just program the album version into the film tracklist.

It sounds magnificent. I am positively stunned by the restoration and re-mastering of this score. Every single track has elements that I've never heard in the score, or only heard in the film. I think you'll be blown away.

I wonder how Descent Into Mystery sounds? I just program the album version into the film tracklist.

It sounds magnificent. I am positively stunned by the restoration and re-mastering of this score. Every single track has elements that I've never heard in the score, or only heard in the film. I think you'll be blown away.

Now that's exactly what I needed to hear/read!

Karol

Now that's exactly what I needed to hear/read!

Karol

Ditto! ;)

The ONLY thing I enjoyed in the 2010 version was the prevalence of the opening string motif, particularly at 0:26. It propelled the section with a creepy, unnerving winy-ness. In the original release, it was just gone. But it's here again, and with so much more. I really get into this music, so not surprisingly, I got tears during the climax of this piece.