BloodBoal

ST:TMP is more varied, more colorful, but also less emotional. Their goals are different. They're rather incomparable.

They are both better than the third choice though.

But it has no organ!

Yes it does, idiot!

Is that poll a trick question? Anyway...

Zimmer's Interstellar score sounds too homogenous with its tradtional choice of instrumentation, brassy fanfare with doubling strings and woodwinds, predictable chord progressions and common practice, and unwillingness to break out of conventional percussion colors to convey the vastness of outer space.

Now Rjawadi's Star Wars score? THAT'S how you score for outer space! Extended technique, minimalism, ostinato, and aleatoric writing up the wazoo, baby!

Zimmer's Interstellar score sounds too homogenous with its tradtional choice of instrumentation, brassy fanfare with doubling strings and woodwinds, predictable chord progressions and common practice, and unwillingness to break out of conventional percussion colors to convey the vastness of outer space.

Would you prefer to be eviscerated from the bottom up, or from the top down?

My ranking

The Empire Strikes Back

Return Of the Jedi

Star Wars

Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan

Star Trek The Motion Picture

The Phantom Menace

Star Trek III The Search For Spock

Attack Of The Clones

Star Trek First Contact

Star Trek Into Darkness

Star Trek 09

Revenge Of The Sith

Star Trek V

Interstellar

Haven't listened to Treks 4, 6-7, 9-10 enough to put into the mix.

I take it that jokes are a foreign language to you.

I loved the score for Interstellar, though I do believe that someone should've fired the sound editor for the excessive loudness of the music during some of the scenes.

Or perhaps to you?

My ranking

The Empire Strikes Back

Return Of the Jedi

Star Wars

Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan

Star Trek The Motion Picture

The Phantom Menace

Star Trek III The Search For Spock

Attack Of The Clones

Star Trek First Contact

Star Trek Into Darkness

Star Trek 09

Revenge Of The Sith

Star Trek V

Interstellar

Haven't listened to Treks 4, 6-7, 9-10 enough to put into the mix.

This works almost perfectly assuming that it goes from top: most overrated to bottom: best.

Or perhaps to you?

The poll made it all too obvious that this thread was made in the spirit of fun, and I was just playing along.

Oh, and way to dishonestly snip the rest of my comment, which includes how the I loved the score for Interstellar (with one minor complaint).

Or perhaps to you?

The poll made it all too obvious that this thread was made in the spirit of fun, and I was just playing along.

Oh, and way to dishonestly snip the rest of my comment, which includes how the I loved the score for Interstellar (with one minor complaint).

I dishonestly snipped the thing I wasn't responding to. What I was responding to was that you thought I missed your joke and responded with genuine annoyance, when in fact you missed that my response was joking as well. Good grief.

I've always liked Jerry Zimmer's Trek Wars, a score of truly epic proportions, may well be the only score in existence that is performed by a 250-piece orchestra and conducted by 2 different men at the same time, one on the stage and one behind a set of high end computers loaded with the latest tech in audio modulation software and all sorts of trickery to make orchestral music sound a little bit more electronic. Check it out, it's fantastic.

Worst score I've ever heard is Goldsmith's (Interstellar Wars: The Motionless Movie), it features only 1,45 minutes of score, but I only like the first 15 seconds, with the little fanfare at the end. After that, it's just endless droning in the style of Hans Williams.

Or perhaps to you?

I dishonestly snipped the thing I wasn't responding to. What I was responding to was that you thought I missed your joke and responded with genuine annoyance, when in fact you missed that my response was joking as well. Good grief.

How was I supposed to know that you were joking?

Oh, I see what you did there. Next time, I'll put a smiley face after each joke.

Like this. :mrgreen: <== This is my joking face.

Soward Hhore? What a hack! His Ladies of the Roses trilogy has two themes, one for each character and each cue on the extended edition is a variation on the those themes.

At 3 hours of material for each score, this got repetitive very quickly.

I haven't listened to Interstellar, so I can't make an informed statement that it sucks yet

It doesn't actutlly suck, Mark. In fact, it could be Zimmer's most mature work for the cinema.

Like Dr. Keynes, I must admit, against all better judgement, I like this score.

What an incredible waste of money. You can get better sounding headphones for an eighth of that price. But we've been over this.

#Don't waste your time on a new set of speakers.

You'll get more mileage from a cheap pair o' sneakers# :lol: