Star Trek is better than everything

Unlucky Bastard

On 2/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, Jay said:

Tyrian reacts to.CBS decisions to continue producing ST shows:

Screenshot_2021-01-13-19-16-53.png

On 7/12/2020 at 10:20 AM, gkgyver said:

If you live in a western society, and believe "inequality" is the reason you don't accomplish what you want, you need to go seek professional help to realize your own victim complex is keeping you from seeing that life has the meaning you give to it. 

God, I'm glad he left!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a quick STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT question:

The Borg open-up a time corridor, to take them (and, The Enterprise) back to the 21st Century.

The Enterprise crew beats the Borg, resets the timeline, and goes back to the 24th Century, but...there's no time corridor...so how did they return?

• 2 weeks later...

If anything, maybe there should be one thread to discuss the current Trek assortment of shows and another for reminiscing about the glory days

1 hour ago, Jay said:

If anything, maybe there should be one thread to discuss the current Trek assortment of shows and another for reminiscing about the glory days

Perfect. Who wants to start the “NuTrek is Worse Than Everything” thread?

5 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Jay, given the current state of this franchise, isn't it time to rename this thread?

Yeah. Howzabout:

CURRENTLY STAR TREK IS WORSE THAN EVERYTHING

2 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Perfect. Who wants to start the “NuTrek is Worse Than Everything” thread?

How dare you appropriate my thread title suggestion!

Lower Decks isn't bad. 

That sad thing about that though, in a healthy, vibrant franchise, where Discovery and Picard were actually good, Lower Decks would be an amusing diversion. But it can't hold the weight of being the only watchable show in the franchise.  It's good for what it is, but not good enough to be the only Trek worth watching.

• 2 weeks later...

I've a quick STAR TREK VI question:

In TMP (and continued in IV), it's established that Starfleet H.Q. is located in San Francisco.

In VI, the Eiffel Tower is seen clearly out of the window, behind the President.

Is there any particular reason for this?

4 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I've a quick STAR TREK VI question:

In TMP (and continued in IV), it's established that Starfleet H.Q. is located in San Francisco.

In VI, the Eiffel Tower is seen clearly out of the window, behind the President.

Is there any particular reason for this?

Starfleet HQ is out of SF. The UFP is presumably based in Paris. At least the President's office is.

Though when you have transporters, does it really matter?

Hmmmmm. Well my memory of the film probably isn't perfect, but couldn't he have been in SF just to deal with the Probe crisis? I'm sure he'd have offices at both locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Though this has nothing directly to do with Star Trek, Some of you might enjoy this 1973 and 1978 clip of Patrick Stewart talking about Shakespeare.  It's hard to imagine that the 73 clip places him just 4 years after TOS which feels so ancient. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Star Trek Prodigy Opening by non other than Michael Giacchino was released today

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTP9Z6-tvto/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c475dc2d-25ac-4555-8463-90f506923571

Quote from Giacchino 

I am excited that I had the opportunity to write the main theme for Kevin and Dan’s latest project, and as always am thrilled to be a part of the Star Trek family.

I’m especially looking forward to everyone hearing the incredible work of composer Nami Melumad, who will take the reins of scoring the episodes. Not only is she extremely talented, she is a true Star Trek fan.

That's very good news about the isolated score! If I had to choose one Trek score to get this treatment, it would be TMP.

Are we missing many cues? This is the version of the soundtrack I have, which admittedly I haven't listened to in a while. Is it relatively complete?

IMG_5907.JPG

4 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Am I reading that right that this will not be available on physical media? Or just not at first? 

I'm sure it's "we don't want you to know we'll eventually be releasing it on 4K Blu-ray, because we want you to pay for our subscription service we are hoping to make a success".

Yavar