Boston Film Night 2015 (without JW)

It always makes me laugh when I see a JW concert (or a concert of his music) that the "general public" only react when the really famous themes play. The first 10 seconds or so of the ET concert suite with the strings and woodwinds is met with silence, but then the applause comes when the flying theme is played.

Without seeing the program, I think most people would guess that The Lost World is from King Kong

I know, that drives me crazy!

The worst was when i was at The Hollywood Bowl in September, and he started playing The Superman March, and everyone took out their lightsabers!

Is there any official source for this? It's highly unusual for a program description to be available on other websites without being first published by the BSO. I'm actually hoping the dates are wrong (two weeks earlier or one week later would have been best for my holiday plans).

Not too soon... I need more money! Living in Europe really takes away from my disposable income. :(

By the way, the program notes (about Spacecamp and AI) are a joke, right? I'd love it to be true, but sarcasm is hard to detect in written form. :unsure:

Tanglewood is awesome! Marcy and I had a really great time there two years ago.

Basically there are a bunch of seats in front of the stage, and that's where you want to be.

Behind the seats in the huge lawn area where you'll have kids running around and stuff

Nothing from Shore's Middle-earth scores?

no one wants to listen to that junk.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.

just as valuable as your honey reference to Stefan, only far less gay.

I wish.

I think Shore probably charges too much for his works to be performed live. With Williams he probably donates the rights to his scores to the Boston Pops.

Tanglewood is awesome! Marcy and I had a really great time there two years ago.

Basically there are a bunch of seats in front of the stage, and that's where you want to be.

Behind the seats in the huge lawn area where you'll have kids running around and stuff

I've only been on the lawn, right behind the stage seating area. It's not that bad, and this is coming from someone who despises all the other attendees at Williams concerts with their blabbing, ordering drinks during the concert, premature clapping and phones. The Tanglewood lawn is a surreal experience. I remember laying on a blanket while Williams conducted the Close Encounters finale. Perhaps my favorite live performance occurred at that concert, when they did Sea Attack Number One with the film playing, although they edited Brody saying "Come on down and chum some of this shit!"

Oh no!

A decade ago I tried to see Goldsmith in concert for a second time.

On both concerts i booked for he bowed out due to illness, dying shortly after.

It's happening again!

Look on the bright side, releases of Goldsmith albums increased.

The website says tickets go on sale January 25.

That's just Tanglewood tickets though it looks like, right? At least I didn't see anything about Film Night yet.

That applies to the entire season. Tickets for August 22 (Williams Film Night) go on sale to the general public on January 25 at 10am.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good question. The website doesn't say, but I'm guessing it's 10 am EST as well since they are based in Boston. I guess the only way to know for sure is to contact them. Wish I was able to go. :(