Boston Film Night 2015 (without JW)

The film night better be happening, I already booked plane tickets and a hotel!

I'm still little uncertain whether I should do this as well or wait....the problem is, that I'm not sure how long to wait. The schedule says, there is Film night on May 22&23, yet no info about tickets. I still hope, that after this Sunday 25th there will be some more info available. I want to fly over from Europe and just book the tickets without any additional info....well....I'm kind of worried.

I must correct myself: the 2015 Pops season is already announced, but none of the concerts (including JW Film Nights) aren't yet available to purchase.

So they are available to purchase? ;)

Recent info from BSO Customer care: They confirmed the JW Film Night concerts on May 22&23, but tickets will be available someday in March most probably.

Quote: We are waiting for the date but all we know is it will be in March.

So I probably book the airline and hotel and hope for May 23 ticket luck :)

The earlier the cheaper. I was able to book roundtrip for about $135. The fucked up part is, the first flight was $75 or so. I ordered a ticket while my girlfriend was ordering hers, but since I finished before her, when she went to place the order she got an error message saying the price had changed, and it doubled.

Airlines are extortionists, like phone companies.

So basically if I call symphony hall tomorrow they will tell me that there will be a John Williams concert on the 22th and tickets will go for sale in March?

I dont want to sound paranoid, but in 2003 and 2004 I booked a short holiday to London to see Jerry Goldsmith in concert and he cancelled because of illness both times.

So basically if I call symphony hall tomorrow they will tell me that there will be a John Williams concert on the 22th and tickets will go for sale in March?

I dont want to sound paranoid, but in 2003 and 2004 I booked a short holiday to London to see Jerry Goldsmith in concert and he cancelled because of illness both times.

That is the answer I've got from them in e-mail. I've already booked roundtrip VIE-LHR-BOS so it better be happening :)

The earlier the cheaper. I was able to book roundtrip for about $135. The fucked up part is, the first flight was $75 or so. I ordered a ticket while my girlfriend was ordering hers, but since I finished before her, when she went to place the order she got an error message saying the price had changed, and it doubled.

Airlines are extortionists, like phone companies.

Why wouldn't you have just bought both tickets together?

I think Boston is out for me this year. I've wanted to go to New Orleans for about 2 years and I was thinking April. Don't think I'll be able to afford two trips within a month of each other.

I just called symphony hall and the kind gentleman at the other end (i love American customer service) was able to tell me that tickets for Film Night with John Williams and the BPO will go on sale at 10AM local time March 23.

The man when finding out I was from Europe asked if I was the one who wrote a book about John Williams. :)

The man when finding out I was from Europe asked if I was the one who wrote a book about John Williams. :)

LOL, are you serious?

Yes, he also asked if I was "the fan" who went to Tanglewood last year. Whatever that means. I wonder if I had said yes I I would have gotten all-exclusive access. Jason, maybe you can call them faking a Euro accent and finally meet him! :)

I blows my mind that anyone working at Symphony Hall would think that only one European travels to the shows each year!

I just called symphony hall and the kind gentleman at the other end (i love American customer service) was able to tell me that tickets for Film Night with John Williams and the BPO will go on sale at 10AM local time March 23.

Epic.

You guys can be glad it's not Boston Film Night this week, as I hear the city is being bombarded with a terrible blizzard (even in Norwegian terms).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at attending the Friday show as I'd like to be home for Saturday (I'll have been away for over a year by then). I might even go for the Lockhart-led performance on Thursday as well (featuring light classics and music from the 1960s). Anything sounds good in Symphony Hall.

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile I can't get hte damn website to work

OK, finally got tickets

On Saturday night, Marcy and I will be in the left balcony, row b, seats 38 and 39!

Buying my Friday night ticket now