Boston Film Night 2015 (without JW)

You were gone?

For almost two months now. I was (and still am) working with scallenger on writing music for his book project.

You can try for Tanglewood and meet me!

That's a good Plan B but at this rate I wouldn't risk another JW no show. Officially not going. Who wants my tickets?

I can just picture you telling one of your grandkids this 50-someodd years from now...

You: And that's how I met John Williams, and it was best day of my life. Ever.

Your Grandchild: What about the day I was born?

You: Not even close.

You going to Tanglewood?

Me too!

I hope so. Raising money for yourself isn't easy when you're a poor, freelance composer like me, but I'm determined to make it.

Beside, with the increased frequency of JW's health problems and his advanced age, I don't know how many more performances or film scores he has left in him, and I don't want to take my chances and wait for May of next year.

The money isn't what's worrying me right now, though; it's this recent health problem scare from BSO.

And hopefully, I will be meeting you and the others there, too. (And who will constitute "the others" amongst us will be left to their initiative, whoever they are.)

Looks like I'll be cancelling this year then. Because of coming from England, I will be paying over 1200 pounds (1900 dollars) for the trip, so cancelling it means I can get about half that back. It kills me to do it, but I'd rather save as much money as I can, considering it will be a wasted trip anyway as I was only going to see Williams.

Blarg :(

John Williams regretfully has had to cancel his upcoming appearances with the Boston Pops, May 22 and 23, due to a back ailment that requires him to rest and limit travel over the next few weeks. Please note, the program will remain the same.

Richard Kaufman will conduct these performances. Among his many accomplishments, Richard Kaufman is the Principal Pops Conductor of the Pacific Symphony, the Pops Conductor Laureate of the Dallas Symphony, and is celebrating his tenth season at the helm of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s film concert series “CSO at the Movies.” As a friend and colleague of John Williams, Mr. Kaufman has appeared as a violinist on many of Mr. Williams’s film sound tracks over the years.

I've been able to sell JW / Boston Pops tickets on Stubhub before as well, for around the original price I paid for them. Although they don't always list all of the performances on their site. But you can try to get them to add this one if it's not listed.

So who IS still coming for the Friday performance? Should we meetup at the Pour House pre-concert?

I've been able to sell JW / Boston Pops tickets on Stubhub before as well, for around the original price I paid for them. Although they don't always list all of the performances on their site. But you can try to get them to add this one if it's not listed.

It's listed, but for whatever reason it won't let me upload my PDF file!

Yea, who IS still going, now?

I can meetup anywhere on Friday.... Saturday I am still not sure about.

It'll be weird after the show when we all just go our separate ways... no clamoring for autographs. I've got a bus to catch this time around anyways.

Me, for the Friday show! And I wanna meet up with whoever else will be there, for sure. Without our beloved leader, JWFan solidarity is more important than ever!

It's listed, but for whatever reason it won't let me upload my PDF file!

Try uploading from another computer/device? Otherwise their support can probably help.

I can sell you my tickets if you want to go ;)

A kind offer, but I believe I'm working that day...oh, yeah..I also don't have a spare $1000 to spend.

Yes, folks, Moderna Kitchens presents...The Noob Forum! :lol:

Whats smnol?

A good question. One to which there is no answer.

No answer worthwhile of being preserved, at least.

I emailed the Boston Symphony about a refund, knowing full well the tickets are none refundable, but they replied with this:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are also disappointed that Maestro Williams will be unable to conduct these concerts.

We have processed a refund for the ticket price only. The handling fee cannot be refunded.

We hope you will join us next season!