Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Nemesis is a decent film!

As long as you leave your respect for the franchise and its characters at the door. I watched it last Sunday to conclude our modern Trek bingewatching and it was entertaining but bittersweet. The effects and action sequences are top notch and fun, and the music is good, but it's just a very sad movie. Sad script, sad outcome. 

I would have liked a sequel series in the post-Dominion Federation, but I guess Star Wars made everyone and everything prequel-happy for the last twenty years. Enterprise was one result, the Abramsverse was another. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I keep hearing about this "Legion", and I was surprised to find out it's helmed by Fargo's Noah Hawley. It actually looks kind of interesting, and might be a Marvel show I might finally check out.

He shares a universe with the X-Men and Fantastic Four.  So the same universe as X-Men, X2, X-Men the Last Stand, X-Men Origins Wolverine, X-Men First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men Days of Future Past, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, X-Men Apocalypse, and Logan.

None of the Marvel universe movies (Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Guardians, etc) are in the same universe, nor are any Marvel-based TV shows at this point.

I kinda prefer to think of Deadpool existing in his own universe, what with the more graphic violence and sexual content and the meta-humour. 

To be included in the broader MCU, hey'd have to tone him down. And that would suck.  

On 11/02/2017 at 3:21 PM, Stefancos said:

The upcoming Logan film will be rated R, like Deadpool. Future X-Men films will probably not be.

Apparently it was Deadpool's success that convinced them Logan could go down that road. Suspect the effects of being stabbed/slashed with the adamantium claws will be much more graphically portrayed and Logan will be doing more of what he started in X-Men : First Class when he dropped the first 'f-bomb' in a Marvel flick.  

• 3 weeks later...

It's not shown before Logan internationally.

Speaking of which, Logan was a very good film. Definitely the best of the solo Wolverine films by far. Definitely one hell of a swansong for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine character.

3 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Wow, that stinks. Was a really surreal moment to go from that to right into Logan. Guess that makes sense though. 

3 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Speaking of which, Logan was a very good film. Definitely the best of the solo Wolverine films by far. Definitely one hell of a swansong for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine character.

For sure. Definitely one of the better films I've seen in a cinema for quite some time. Was really happy with how nuanced it was, and how the characters spent a lot of time acting like real people and not scripted individuals. Felt very real, and I applaud them for committing to the gritty and dark nature of it so completely and for being able to justify going that dark.