Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised I had no idea what John Ottman actually looked like. He’s nothing like I imagined. He looks both old and young at the same time.

1 hour ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Hahahaha

John Ottman just posts crazy, hysterical anti-Trump conspiracy rants on Facebook every day. The guy's a loon.

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

I just checked out his Facebook haha. I see what you mean. No film scoring posts at all.

Last time I checked, Facebook was a social media platform, not a film score forum. God forbid he posts his own personal beliefs and thoughts...

9 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Last time I checked, Facebook was a social media platform, not a film score forum. God forbid he posts his own personal beliefs and thoughts...

Sure, he can say whatever he likes, but he leaves himself open to criticism by doing so. I remember earlier this year he went on a mouth-frothing rant because his barber wasn't aware of the Democratic primaries. He had a whinge about a few others relating to this too. I asked him why does he bring up politics to random strangers he meets. His response was that politics is our "civic duty" blah blah and he'll talk to everyone on the street if he has to. Should it even matter to him since CA goes blue everytime anyway? I was like omg you weirdo. He's probably the most outspoken Hollyweirdo I see on FB.

Eh, you're right, no one's free from criticism, but that's missing the point. Facebook is an open forum. It shouldn't be the responsibility of Ottman, Zimmer or whoever to have to curtail their beliefs because you might not agree with them. 

I would've thought by now that we can have the integrity to separate the art from the artist. If I'm going to listen to anything by Ottman, I'm not thinking in the back of my head 'Oh shit, I can't listen to this, he said something mean about Trump, or that one time he said he liked the colour red instead of my favourite colour...'

2 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Eh, you're right, no one's free from criticism, but that's missing the point. Facebook is an open forum. It shouldn't be the responsibility of Ottman, Zimmer or whoever to have to curtail their beliefs because you might not agree with them. 

I'm not even saying they should do that. I just enjoy taking the piss out of them for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found out from a podcast that New Mutants actually finally came out, and played in theaters this past weekend

It also features a score by Mark Snow

https://open.spotify.com/album/1xQxe6bKedRCBIXVBtQ3pp?si=fqDehHNoRRKvsEHSOM-c9g

• 2 months later...

Deadpool 3 is coming.

‘Deadpool 3’ Finally Comes to Life at Disney as Ryan Reynolds Taps ‘Bob’s Burgers’ Writers

“Deadpool 3” is finally coming to life under Disney after months of uncertainty following the Disney-Fox merger. According to Deadline, Ryan Reynolds and Disney-owned Marvel Studios have tapped Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin to pen the script for “Deadpool 3,” with Reynolds reprising his fan favorite role as the foul-mouthed superhero. The Molyneux sisters are the creators of the new Fox animated series “The Great North,” a gig they picked up after scoring an Emmy as writers and executive producers of Fox’s “Bob’s Burgers.”

Deadline reports: “Writer meetings have been taking place over the past month with Reynolds recently meeting with a handful of writers to hear their pitch for the next installment. In the end, the studio and Reynolds saw the sisters’ take as the perfect fit for what they wanted. The film is still in early development but the hiring of the Molyneux sisters does mark the first major step in getting the next ‘Deadpool’ film into production.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/11/deadpool-3-disney-ryan-reynolds-writers-1234600032/