Hacked up Music Score

Jake Lloyd

A public burning of a dead corpse

Robo Amidala

Captain "Oh no we're going to die" Panaka

Boss "Slobber all over the camera" Nass

Episode II.....

Flat dialogue (I'll give you that)

Acting which I though was loads better than Robo Amidala and Co.

Jar Jar Binks (Yes he was there but in AOTC he serves somewhat of a pupose plus he has a lot less screen time.

No Suspense :roll:

Boring 8O

Hacked up Music Score (I though that the music was editied a lot better than in TPM. The worst fact about it was that there should have been more original music.)

Justin -Who thinks Neil is bonkers :mrgreen:

Flat dialogue

Not really. Some bad lines, some great lines. Overall weaker than the original trilogy though.

Terrible Acting

No way, the only weak one was Portman, as usual.

Poor Editing

Definately

Count Dooku's "old person scooter"

What is wrong with it :?:

No Suspense

I guess so.

Boring

Nope, some of it was bloody fun, like the arena.

Hacked up Music Score

It is a crime against humanity!

Sonic the Jedi

WHAT?

And you missed lame unfocused plot.

******SPOILERS******

That's right, no suspense. Are we worried when Anakin is sneaking around the Tusken camp? Do we care when all the Jedi are surrounded by Dooku's battle droids, almost to the brink of surrender? No! And why? Because the film is so poorly written and made, we don't care about the characters.

Another case in point. There is no time to care that Anakin just had his arm cut off. It happens so fast, it doesn't register, unlike Luke having his hand cut off, where there was dramatic music, and the editing lingered long enough on it that the audience could soak in what just happened. That and we also cared about Luke. Anakin is a boring character.

Neil

A public burning of a dead corpse

LOL!!!

I loved that part!!!

My main complaint from Episode II:

John Williams' hacked, butchered score.

The second one:

Count Cooku?!? LOL! :mrgreen: ROTFL

Any of us could have come up with a better name!

I agree Indysolo, but it makes up for it with like Shmi's death and the arena, has many great scenes.

****It happens so fast, it doesn't register,

Lucas as a director has a tendency to rush importsant scenes and stretch out the less intereresting ones.

just look at ANH.

Stefancos- who thinks Lucaes doen't know much about pacing.

I agree Indysolo, but it makes up for it with like Shmi's death and the arena, has many great scenes.

Hector mentioned to me something someone said about Shmi's death that I totally agree with. Anakin and Shmi should have been escaping from the sand people, with Anakin fighting them off out of the camp. Along the way, a sand person should have killed Shmi. This could have been a much needed action scene in the film (as opposed to the horrible conveyor belt sequence, which was a late addition to the movie), and would have been a much more satisfying death for Shmi. Very few people seem to like her dying just as Anakin gets there.

Neil

You would mix an action scene with a death scene. Well, I think that might reduce the impact of the death. I mean, she could quite easily have finally died form being moved around by anakin.

Lucas as a director has a tendency to rush importsant scenes and stretch out the less intereresting ones.  

just look at ANH.

Star Wars won an Oscar for best editing. It's a very well paced film. Only in the SE does Lucas tend to linger on the unimportant aspects (like the whole new approach to Mos Eisley).

Take for instance these scenes from the original cut of Star Wars

Luke talking to Ben in the hutt. "No, my father didn't fight in the wars. He was a navigator on a spice frieghter."Greedo first holding up Han in the cantina
    Immediately after the Greedo scene it cuts to the Death Star and apparently into the middle of a conversation Darth Vader is having with Tarkin. "Her resistance to the mind probe is considerable. It will be some time before we can extract any information from her."
      A friend of mine pointed all of this out to me. Star Wars seems to cut in on the middle of conversations, so that we only need to see and hear the important parts. Attack of the Clones does not do this. It lingers on the unimportant stuff (Obi-Wan sitting in the Jedi archives after his conversation with the librarian) and it skips over the important stuff, such as Anakin's arm being cut off.
      Neil

You would mix an action scene with a death scene.

Plenty of characters have died in action scenes. Remember Biggs? Lukes best friend? Died during the assault on the Death Star. Remember Qui-Gon Jinn? He died fighting Darth Maul.

Anything would have been better than Anakin just finding her and then having her die.

Neil

Star wars blows several scenes by playing them to quick, like Vaders moment when he first feels the presence of Obi Wan, in the shuttle bay.

It doesn't help that Vader speaks much to fast throughout the whole film (i really do prefer the slower, deeper darker intonation James earl Jones gives him in TESB and ROTJ)

Stefancos- who didn't think much of Vader in Star Wars ANH.

You know? In the theater I went to see the movie, a couple of people laughed when Shmi Skywalker died. And one guy you could hear him snickering throughout the whole scene, and even if this is only a movie, it felt a little uncomfortable, but I guess Lucas made a boo-boo. An action scene of Anakin trying to rescue her mother, and the sand people killing her during all this would have made more of an impact because there would have been a chance to save her, but now all of a sudden she's dead. And then this is when Anakin kills everyone in the Tusken Camp, while now appropiately DOTF playing in the background.

Thank God he ended being Sarlacc food

Yeah, what a great way to kill of the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. :roll:

Neil - who left "Baby Boba Fett" off his list of problems with Attack of the Clones

Yeah, what a great way to kill of the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. :roll:

Neil - who left "Baby Boba Fett" off his list of problems with Attack of the Clones

You know that was a big problem I had with the movie. Jango Fett is it great big bounty hunter and he bring's along his little kid with curly brown hair named Buba. :roll:

Justin -Who thinks Jango rocked anyway's. :mrgreen:

You know that was a big problem I had with the movie. Jango Fett is it great big bounty hunter and he bring's along his little kid with curly brown hair named Buba.

And that kid had some awful dialogue, too. "Get him, dad! Get him! Fire!!"

Neil - who wishes Jango's head had fallen out when Boba picked up the helmet :mrgreen:

Neil - who wishes Jango's head had fallen out when Boba picked up the helmet

My thoughts exactly!

Ray Barnsbury-who liked AOTC, but not Lil' Fett

OK, I saw it........

The Bad....

Pacing

Acting

Directing

DIALOGUE!!!!!!!!!

Editing

First Kiss - what's with the music??????

THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe the crap they did in the conveyer belt cue and the arena

The Sound of Music section of the meadow picnic (I thought they were going to burst into song)

Yoda's tripped out acid induced crystal pumped attack followed by limping like he is about to fall over.

Amidala's fabulous recovery from that Fall!!!!!

JarJar

No music during aseroid chase... it needed it

Anakins Dream (oh dear)

Anakin and Amidala's chemistry and plot line

The Good....

C3PO - thank you for injecting some fun back into Star Wars

The Music - where it's intact

The Scenery

The Special Effects (although some anumals were done badly)

The new planets and inhabitants

How about an enema... for the whole movie, flush out all the S..., then it would be great!

How about an enema... for the whole movie, flush out all the S..., then it would be great!

I thought this movie was already blown out of Lucas' rear. :music:

Neil - going for the cheap ass joke

Plenty of characters have died in action scenes. Remember Biggs? Lukes best friend? Died during the assault on the Death Star. Remember Qui-Gon Jinn? He died fighting Darth Maul.

You prove my point, none of those scenes had much impact at all.

An action scene of Anakin trying to rescue her mother, and the sand people killing her during all this would have made more of an impact because there would have been a chance to save her, but now all of a sudden she's dead.

WTF? There was also a chance to save her in the original scene! It is the same, there was a chance to save her, but now all of a sudden she's dead.

Yeah, what a great way to kill of the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Hey, shit happens :) It was, if anything, realistic :(

So, real kids have bad dialogue all the time :)

I loved the film and can't wait to see it again.

Dan - who has stated this several times now

:) "A New Nervous System" from Bicentennial Man (Horner)

Flat dialogue

Most of it is just the typical fun Star Wars dialogue. Ok, the love scenes have some really flat dialogue, but not any more than many other love scenes in other movies. And parts of it were intentional (just look at Amidala's reaction to Anakin's worst bit of dialogue).

Terrible Acting

Portman was fine, McGregor was excellent, and McDiarmid outstanding as always.

Poor Editing

Hm, didn't notice much of that.

So?

No Suspense

I thought there was a lot of suspense at parts. Other parts didn't have any suspense, like the big battle, which I thought was crap - no dramaturgy.

Boring

Only during those suspense-less parts. 8O

Hacked up Music Score

Agreed, the big battle was just a horrible mix of TPM cues.

Sonic the Jedi

LOL!

Marian - who liked the film, found parts of it boring, and others very impressive.

I think I would have loved the big battel at the end if I wasn't being assulted by the music. I know that music so well that it took me away from what was happening. To make it worse, they kept going backward and forward between 4 or 5 cues from TPM that it was even more jarring. And it also affected some friends of mine that aren't composers or JW fanatics. They knew the music from the PS2 games. They thought it was odd.

Neil - who wishes Jango's head had fallen out when Boba picked up the helmet  :)

This idea actually bothers me. I never understood why they had to split Darth Maul into two pieces at the end of TPM just to convince people he's really dead (and some apparently still didn't believe it). But after watching AOTC yesterday, a friend of mine was convinced that Django Fett wasn't dead, because his head didn't fall out of the helmet. Sometimes I really have to wonder...

:( Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

Flat dialogueMcDiarmid outstanding as always.

Marian

I think Joe worded it perfectly when he said "Palpatine was delicious, as always".

Dan - amazed at how much McDiarmid has changed since ROTJ

:( "Love Theme from Attack Of The Clones"

Well, there are some shots where it doesn't look like Portman at all. The "decoy" situation was a little confusing in TPM, I think.

Dan - whose phone is ringing and he hasn't answered yet..............though he thinks he should.................so he will

:( "Love Theme from Attack Of The Clones"

Am I too crazy or dare I say I saw, mm, ahem, like OperaMan would say "Nippola, nippola, nippola!" :music:

Hector - who loves.... StarWars :devil: <<<this guy whistiling instead of sleeping

Did you notice that???

Dan - who would gladly spend the rest of his life on Lake Como with Natalie.

Dan2 - going on a brief pause

:music: "Anakin and Padmé" from Attack Of The Clones

I liked the movie a lot! The dialogue was rather corny at times, but there was plenty of clever humor and action to offset that weakness. And I think Yoda's fight was one of the highlights of the movie.

Am I too crazy or dare I say I saw, mm, ahem, like OperaMan would say "Nippola, nippola, nippola!"  

Augh! My friends brought this to my attention after the movie, and I never saw it! I don't know how it got by me, I'll just have to see the movie again and look for it. :)

Ray Barnsbury

Am I too crazy or dare I say I saw, mm, ahem, like OperaMan would say "Nippola, nippola, nippola!"  

Augh! My friends brought this to my attention after the movie, and I never saw it! I don't know how it got by me, I'll just have to see the movie again and look for it. :spiny:

Ray Barnsbury

Go see it, my good man. Enjoy. :)

Anyone else thinking "Mini Me"? :)

Terrible Acting

I've expressed my views on the acting on the last board. Hayden does an excellent job, protraying the part just as it was meant to be seen. Whininess runs in the family remember, just like the force.

Hector mentioned to me something someone said about Shmi's death that I totally agree with. Anakin and Shmi should have been escaping from the sand people, with Anakin fighting them off out of the camp. Along the way, a sand person should have killed Shmi.

I like that

What do you expect a...what?...6 yeard old?...to say? Unlike Anakin's lines in TPM, Boba should have kid-like lines. Anakin (TPM) is still quite a bit older than Boba looked.

Neil - who wishes Jango's head had fallen out when Boba picked up the helmet

Methinks that would have strayed a little to far out of the 'PG' category...

Yoda's tripped out acid induced crystal pumped attack followed by limping like he is about to fall over.

I think I'm one of the only people who didn't like Yoda's fight... the force duel part was alright, but Yoda shouldn't be jumping around like that. :)

Anakins Dream (oh dear)

For a moment I wondered what he was dreaming about...

There was also a chance to save her in the original scene!

All right, how 'bout this: "He came this (:holds out hand with fingers slightly apart:) close to saving her"

WHERE? WHERE? :) Seeing it on big screen in next couple days I am!

Well, in the scene I noticed, Portman is wearing a white outfit with some sort of front pockets, and near the lines of these you can make out some sort of round figure poking through :lookaround:

So?

First of all, the effect of him riding it really stands out. He doesn't seem to match the shot. Also, it looks like the little scooter you see senior citizens riding on in the supermarket, something an all powerful Jedi wouldn't be caught dead on.

Of course, Darth Maul flew around on a lame ass moped, so maybe Dark Jedi like to ride on dorky vehicles.

Neil