Moonraker: The Tadlow Kickstarter campaign

Both of these score (GOLDFINGER/FRWL) sound more than adequate (timeless, i may say).

It's cold business logic to re-record such stuff - fetishist fans create such silly demands - but from a musical AND asthetic standpoint, it's just sad that much more deserving works are not even considered due to their lack of sales caused by the lack of interest by the same people who guzzle up every cash-in only because it is related to a mighty franchise. A score by Farnon or Sainton would be a much more deserving target, if it has to be a brit - Barry got more than enough re-recordings, from RAISE THE TITANIC to ROBIN ANFD MARIAN, LAST VALLEY, MR. MOSES, SOMEWHERE IN TIME and and and...

And also loudly complained on FSM that they don't sell enough and he is done with them. The only thing re-recorded Bonds will generate is, i am afaraid, even more re-recorded Bond.

Well these recordings cost money. And Kickstarter project might be a new way to finance these releases.

Better to test the waters witha well loved Bond scores then an obscure project that only appeals to a very small group

I would put up money for a lot of things...but MOONRAKER? Seriously?

Again showing your lack of taste, aren't you?

I wouldn't trust Nic Raine with anything, given how horribly butchered his recording of On Her Majesty's Secret Service cues was. Among others ...

Everyone with one functioning ear can hear that Moonraker needs an expansion badly, and is maybe Barry's best from the Moore era.

So many people say this and I just don't get it. TMWTGG is boring, sure. But OCTOPUSSY is the pits? I mean, yeah it's a little subdued, but what's wrong with it?

That isn't to say it's terrible, it's just a bit dull by Barry's standards. There is one cue I really like though, and that's the climax of the 'Chase Bomb Theme' for when panic goes off in the circus and Bond defuses it.

TMWTGG has still got some of that Stan Kenton/Bill Russo edge in the brass, and there's some cool wide (microtonal) vibrato that Barry does with the violins.

Yeah its a very by-the-numbers Bond score.

I guess that's fair, though I personally don't think MOONRAKER as a whole has that much more to offer. I do quite like them both.

I would never understand why some people see this as a "waste of money" when it's obviously good news that an expanded version of ANY Barry or Bond score (or any score for that matter) gets an official release, and that could probably lead to more projects in the same direction.

And in this particular case, it's a fucking brilliant score!

Fine by me!

They're almost halfway to their goal in 2 days. Pretty good progress! Though I admit I have minimal interest in this score, but judging from the praise, I guess I should check it out.

Thats impressive but to be expected. Those who are the most enthusiastic naturally contributed straight away. It will probably take quite a while to hit the target. If it does.

Moonraker has the advantage to being an attractive project not only for filmscore fans but also to Bondians.

I'm surprised all the 1000 euro packages are all gone. I mean they only pay for your hotel...you might as well book a plane ticket yourself with that kind of money.

Well yeah, I wouldn't expect them to pay for flights. I'm just surprised people are willing to dish out that much money!

All good and well but what is it about MOONRAKER? I just don't get the appeal of this score.

Exactly. The best bits of the score (Corinne Put Down, Bond Lured To The Pyramid, Flight Into Space, and Space Laser Battle) are already available anyhow.

All good and well but what is it about MOONRAKER? I just don't get the appeal of this score.

Exactly. The best bits of the score (Corinne Put Down, Bond Lured To The Pyramid, Flight Into Space, and Space Laser Battle) are already available anyhow.

Yeah, but this will be a new recording...

There are plenty of version of Mozarts The Magic Flute available, but orchestras keep churning out new recordings

I'm fairly surprised this is the only the first such project. Hopefully it'll, eh, kickstart a whole batch of new rerecordings. And hopefully not limited to Goldsmith, Barry or Star Trek.

And hopefully not limited to Goldsmith, Barry or Star Trek.

We don't need Kickstarter as living proof that recordings of GUNS OF NAVARONE, VILLA RIDES or TARAS BULBA are hopeless undertakings from a business perspective. And most of the time, as i said, people have just themselves to blame, always investing in 'safe' choices only.

I wonder, the 100 quid that gets the you the signed score, I assume it's just one page of sheet music signed rather than the complete sheet music score, right?

I wonder, the 100 quid that gets the you the signed score, I assume it's just one page of sheet music signed rather than the complete sheet music score, right?

Nope. It's the complete conductor's score with every cue.