Moonraker: The Tadlow Kickstarter campaign

And thats all we will ever get!

James Fitzpatrick says:

Dear Everyone

It is with great regret that I have to cancel this Kickstarter project before any funds are taken. Certain rights issues have been raised which might mean protracted negotiations with the companies involved which may well go beyond the end of the project. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for their involvement in the project and if negotiations are successful then I have the knowledge that there is a great demand for this title. Thank you for all your hard word. Jame

I'm sure he wasn't aware such an issue would arise.

I'm actually more then a little pissed of right now, but I am trying to be reasonable.

It does occur to me that in the past two weeks Fitzpatrick has stated that the Dracula tapes had been found and would be released, which proved wrong....and now this.

Unintentional i'm sure. But two annoying cock-ups.

James Fitzpatrick says:

Dear Everyone

It is with great regret that I have to cancel this Kickstarter project before any funds are taken. Certain rights issues have been raised which might mean protracted negotiations with the companies involved which may well go beyond the end of the project. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for their involvement in the project and if negotiations are successful then I have the knowledge that there is a great demand for this title. Thank you for all your hard word. Jame

I'm sure he knew from the start there were right issues!

He only made that Kickstarter project to see if and how fast they could collect $25,000. Now that they know people are willing to give that much money for it to happen, he's gonna start this project all over again, this time asking for $50,000!

James Fitzpatrick says:

Dear Everyone

Would it kill you to link to where he said that?

James Fitzpatrick says:

Dear Everyone

Would it kill you to link to where he said that?

If you pledged money you would have recieved the email with this text.

• 1 year later...

Apparently a City Of Prague Moonraker is still a possibility:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=39&threadID=107664&archive=0

MOONRAKER not yet dead in the water ... just waiting for final reply one way for t'other from publishers and legal peole..

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Nowadays? This was a late 70's film.

The tapes didn't turn up when Lukas and Jeff Bond did the rereleases for EMI in 2002. Who knows really?

...and what about LTK, which was just 13 years old (or could they not do that because it's owned by MCA?)

MOONRAKER was one of the most expensive, and successful films ever, when released. One would have thought that that was reason enough to preserve the score.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Clamp said:

Because it's just background elevator music from movies and no-one gives a shit?

We do...