BloodBoal

They should be recut to alternate between eras like The Godfather, Part II. Until then:

An Unexpected Journey --> The Fellowship of the Ring --> The Desolation of Smaug --> The Two Towers --> The Battle of the Five Armies --> The Return of the King

It would put a lot of the music in an interesting context, too. Imagine when the Nazgûl first burst forth Shire-bound from Minas Morgul. Aha! I've heard this before! And when Barad-dûr falls, the viewer has already been prepped for the upcoming happy ending theme.

I wouldn't recommend the Hobbit films to my friends. Not because I think they're shit or anything, just because I don't have the heart to vouch for them (unless they're already Tolkien geeks). I'd heavily advocate for them to watch LOTR, and let them decide if they want to move on with the franchise.

If you're going to watch a sextology, do it in the order the director intended, to get the full intentions. Or else, why bother? No film of either trilogy should be watched for itself, so if you're going to watch all six films as a whole, do it the intended way.

Makes sense.

Are you even serious? THAT makes sense to you, but Hobbit before LotR doesn't? Dafuck?

Makes sense.

Are you even serious? THAT makes sense to you, but Hobbit before LotR doesn't? Dafuck?

:lol: Humor, it is a difficult concept!

After spending last weekend watching all six films in order. I would definitely watch The Hobbit before The Lord Of The Rings. I found after watching The Hobbit I picked up on all these references in The Fellowship. That's just my opinion.

If you're going to watch a sextology, do it in the order the director intended, to get the full intentions. Or else, why bother?

I seldom watch more than twenty minutes of a sextology. I get out of it what I need and move on.

But a hexalogy? Hmm, I don't know. I would rather watch TLOTR cinematic followed by TLOTR extended, but keep The Hobbit movies out of the mix.

If you're a complete newbie, I'd advice this:

LotR TC

If you really like those, follow with the LotR EE

Then the Hobbit TC's.

Then the Hobbit EE's.

Then watch LotR again to see how The Hobbit flows into LotR (and because LotR is miles better anyway).

I'd recommend watching them in the original, unaltered order that I watched them:

FOTR, FOTR, FOTR, FOTR, TTT, FOTR, TTT, TTT, TTT, TTT, FOTR, TTT, ROTK, FOTR, TTT, ROTK, ROTK, ROTK, ROTK, FOTR, TTT, ROTK, FOTR, AUJ, AUJ, FOTR, DOS, DOS, BOFA, BOFA, FOTR, TTT, ROTK.

Those were the days....

There were plenty of marathon showings for the final Hobbit movie. I just couldn't be bothered.

Also, I wanted to see this film in IMAX 3D HFR first and there weren't any marathons that had that option.

And I doubt I could stand nine hours of HFR 3D being blasted at me anyway.

I'll probably do my own marathon of the theatrical versions when BoFA is released on Blu. I think it'll be an interesting experience seeing them back to back. I expect more added value from watching them in one go than you get with LotR. The LotR films seem to work better as individualike films than I think the Hobbit films do.

In any order. They are all repeating the same formula; Endless complex battles and then arrive the Eagles, kick the shit out of every one. The End.

Oh Pasi you old curmudgeon.

Yes I specialize in throwing 10 dollar words (curmudgeon is actually more like a 3 dollar word) around. Makes me look smart (-ass).

They are all repeating the same formula; Endless complex battles and then arrive the Eagles.

Rubbish. In one of them, it's the Ents.

Go eucatastrophe! :cheer:

Yes I specialize in throwing 10 dollar words (curmudgeon is actually more like a 3 dollar word) around.

Currently it's running at $2.78 on Ebay.

Yes I specialize in throwing 10 dollar words (curmudgeon is actually more like a 3 dollar word) around.

Currently it's running at $2.78 on Ebay.

They are selling words cheap these days.

I don't think watching the hobbit first is a good choice for a noob. I actually think TTT is a better movie for noobs than FOTR but you really "should watch FOTR first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I disagree. :-). If someone is open minded and you aren't twisting their arm to watch then yep start at FOTR. If they are apprehensive, give them some bad story and start at TTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk